27 | just one day

Arin's POV

Cheesy.

He is so goddamn cheesy. He said those words a week ago but I still can't get them out of my mind.

"Forget Jinyoung. Stop chasing him and let me chase after you."

gOSHDAMMNITJSDJJS

Why can't he be normal and just say, "stop liking Jinyoung and like me instead." He just had to be dramatic and make me feel weiRd.

He'll probably realize he doesn't like me in a week or two so I won't even bother taking him seriously. Nobody falls that hard in two weeks right?

Right?
SAY RIGHT BACK AJDAJDJ.

Even if we started dating soon, would we even last? We haven't even known each other for a month yet.

Right, a relationship like that would be a disaster.

I walked towards the cafeteria earlier than usual. I've been coming here early every day in order to avoid meeting Jihoon in the halls. Though I am a hall monitor, I'm not even gonna lie- I've ran through the halls plenty of times this week all because of that boy.

I should have put myself in detention. Smh.

I walked past the rows of tables and glanced at the end of the one I normally sat at if nobody was sitting there already. It seemed to be occupied by a boy, a very familiar boy.

Not Jihoon, yOu weiRdos.

Samuel.

He had his head propped up on the palms of his hands and he looked kinda... depressed. His lunch tray lay pushed to the side as he just stared into nothingness.

"What's wrong with that kid..." I mumble to myself before deciding to walk in his direction. He didn't even notice me as I sat in front of him, even though he was staring straight ahead. I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he shakes his head before blinking a few times.

"Oh, Arin? What are you doing here?" He asks. I noticed no enthusiasm or energy was coming from him as he spoke.

"This is the cafeteria? I go to school here? I eat lunch in the cafeteria? Are you okay Samuel? What's wrong?" I ask him. He lets out an over-dramatic sigh and leans his cheek on one palm of his hand while his other arm falls onto the table.

"Oh, you know- This and that." I wanted to face palm at his reply because he was being really over dramatic right now.

"Samuel you idiot, what's wrong with you?" I asked him again. He lets out a big sigh before responding, "Yoojung broke up with me," he says. My eyes widen in surprise. They've been dating since last year, why would she break up with him now?

"Oh um, why?" I ask, not knowing how to handle someone who's upset about a break up. Because as you can see, I can't relate.

Samuel throws his arms up in the air, "because I'm two years younger than her and she wants someone her age because she's graduating this year! Can you believe this? At least I'm taller than most of the guys her age. S M H. I'm taller than Jihoo-"

"Alrighty kid, don't need to list names," I say, feeling nervous about Jihoon's name being mentioned. Samuel groans frustratedly and he looks at me.

"Arin, you would date me even if I was two years younger still, right?" He asks. I choked at the sudden question. He was upset right now, so if I said no he'd be depressed again. I mean he's not that bad for an 02 liner...

"I guess so, yeah?" I reply, not noticing what I was going to get myself into. Samuel claps his hands together and then places them on the table. He points at me but then realizes pointing is rude so he slaps his own hand away.

"Arin, can you date me for a day?" he asks. I choke on air again. I gotta pretend to be his girlfriend too?! This is Jihoon all over again.

"Boy- whY?" I ask him, flustered. Samuel frowns and grabs my hands.

"Because! I just wanna know if maybe I'm a bad boyfriend! It's not like you're dating anyone right now!" he says. I shake his hands off mine and frown at him, "boY gO aSk YoOjUnG iF yoU're a BaD bOyfRieNd!" I say. This boy really just tried me. Samuel shakes his head.

"I can't! I hAve tO bE mAnLy!" he exclaims.

"Manly mY ass! Says the one sulking at the end of a cafeteria table all alone!" I tell him. Samuel crosses his arms and frowns.

"I guess older girls really don't like me," he mumbles. My heart softens at this. I hate how younger guys like Jinyoung, Samuel, and Justin always do this to me when they want something because my heart can't handle this.

I frown and face palm before replying, "gosh, alright. I'll date you for a day, but then you go straight back to Yoojung you rotten scOundrel," I say. Samuel's ears perk up and his eyes sparkle, "really?" I smiled awkwardly and nodded.

"Yeah..." I say. Samuel pumps his fist up into the air, "yEs!" he says.

Man- I hate my life.