16 | cuckoo-clock heart

Author's Note:

You guys this was all in three days i'm so shooketh

"Thank you for suboarding me" -Lai Guanlin.

But i love y'all omg thank you so much for 931 reads! my confidence in writing has been slowly increasing for the past two weeks and i can't thank you all enough. please comment and vote on my story though! it makes me sad when i have so many people reading yet i don't know who 😩😩.

"Hope you guys can keep suboarding me, sank u so much," -Lai Guanlin.

Jihoon's POV

I sat on the floor, petting a white kitten that was laying on the couch. I tried to not look at Arin play with any of the animals because every time I did look at her, I would feel really weird. She had like 5 cats and 6 dogs. They were all well behaved besides the two puppies in which Arin chased around the house for the majority of the time I've been here.

I would have found that amusing, and I would have watched her struggle but- I was struggling with controlling how weird I felt at the moment. I got onto the couch and laid on my stomach, still petting the little kitten. It was cute and distracted me from thinking of other cute things.

If you know what I mean.

"Hey, do you wanna watch a movie," Arin asks, standing beside the couch. I lean over to one side of my body to look up at her. She was already looking down at me so I froze at the sudden eye contact. I flopped back onto my stomach.

"Um... what movie?" I asked her, as I continued to pet the cat. Arin sat on the floor beside the couch. The two puppies pranced over to her and made their way to her lap.

"Umm, I wanted to watch Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart? If that's okay with you," She suggests. I shrug my shoulders, "pick whatever. I'm fine with anything." I've never even heard of that movie before but that's okay.

Arin nods and grabs the remote from the coffee table. She opens Netflix on her TV and searches up the movie. The picture showed that the movie was an animation, which was kind of childish in my opinion.

"We are watching an animation?" I ask her. Arin nods, "yeah? So what?" she asks.

"I mean... we're seniors in highschool," I say, but Arin just laughs. She turns to look at me. Her being on the floor and me on the couch, our faces weren't even that far apart. Her deep brown eyes looked like they were sparkling.

"You're never too old for animations, Jihoon," she says, "besides, this movie is beautiful." I snapped out of my short trance type feeling.

"What's it about?" I ask her.

"It's about a boy named Jack who was born with an actual frozen heart, so he has to get a cuckoo-clock heart. He rewinds his 'heart' every day so he can live. But there are rules that this woman gives him that states he should not get angry, excited, and lastly- he should not fall in love or else he could die," Arin says with admiration towards the movie leaking out of her voice. Seeing and hearing how much she liked the concept of the movie made me feel weird again.

It was that weird feeling.

That same unknown feeling.

"And then what?" I asked her, more curious about how excited she would be to tell the rest rather than hearing what the actual movie is about.

Arin sighs dreamily, "He's not supposed to fall in love right? But he does," she says. She quickly turns to look at me again and points her finger at me.

"Hey, that's rude to point-"

"Park Jihoon," she says.

I look at her, confused, "what?" She gives me a smile and then holds up the remote to the TV, "I will not tell you the rest. You must watch." Arin presses a button on the remote and starts the movie.

To be honest, the movie was going pretty good. I was interested and the story was actually really beautiful-

-but I was tired.

Arin's POV

Halfway through the movie, I heard light snoring beside me. I turned to the side and noticed Jihoon had fallen asleep- along with the kitten.

I stood up, ready to wake him up anyways since it was getting late and he should go home soon

But the moment I set my eyes upon the sight, I felt a warm feeling stirring up inside me. The same feeling I get when I'm with Jinyoung.