2 | you

Arin's POV

Arin's POV

"Arin, Miss Choi will be out for a week so you will have to take over detention duty. Is that okay?" vice principal Yang, asks me. I give her a smile and nod my head, "Of course." Ms. Yang gives me a sympathetic smile.

"You must be so tired. After all, with exams coming up, hall monitor duty- and now even detention duty. I'm so sorry to put you through all this," Ms. Yang says.

I shake my head and wave my hands around frantically, "No, no! It's okay! I can just study during detention duty. It's no problem! It will be quiet in detention anyways."

Ms. Yang smiles at me and nods, "Wonderful, you may go to class now." I bow before leaving the room. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the class president in charge of detention duty though? Or another teacher at least..., I thought.

I turn around the corner of the hall until someone knocks me over. I fall onto the ground and groan. I look up at the person on the ground in front of me and notice name tag.

Park Jihoon

My eyes trailed further up and I noticed a boy, possibly in my grade.

"Fuck!" he cursed. My eyes widened and I closed them right after. Letting out a sigh, I said to him, "Detention."

"What?" he asked, confused. "You heard me," I said. I stood up and straightened out my skirt. He stood up right after.

"For what?" he asked, giving me slight attitude.

"Running in the halls and cursing," I replied, not phased by the amount of sass leaking out of his voice. I pulled out the detention slips from the side pocket of my book bag.

"Cursing?" He asks, taking the slips from me.

I sigh, "you're at school, no cursing at school." I take the detention slips back from him and begin filling it out.

"You made me curse though," he said. I made you curse? Do I look like a ventriloquist? (someone who makes puppets talk)

"No, I made you fall in pain. I apologize about that though, I'm very sorry I knocked you over but- I did not make you curse. See you in detention!" I gave him a smile. I slapped the detention slip on his chest and walked past him to get to class.

 I slapped the detention slip on his chest and walked past him to get to class

Jihoon's POV

Guess who has an hour of detention?

Gosh I cannot believe the audacity that girl has. Who doesn't curse at school? Who doesn't run to class when they're about to be late? Why couldn't she just let me slide?

Professor Kang gave me detention again for being late but now I gotta serve double time because of that girl. Who is she anyways? I don't even know her, does she have some type of grudge against me? Is that why she knows my name? I didn't do shit to her though, I probably would have remembered if I did.

I didn't pay attention in any of my classes today because I was thinking about if I knew that girl.

That stupid girl.

I made my way down to the library for detention. Detention is in the library just because the teachers think that if kids are gonna spend their time in silence, they might as well read or study.

Or nap, I thought to myself.

I pulled both detention slips out of my pocket and pushed open the library door. I walked over to the table area and found 2 other boys already there. Bae Jinyoung and Huang Justin. Jinyoung is always here because he's late too. Every time I'm here, Jinyoung is here. All thanks to his damn alarm clock.

Justin is here almost every other day because every other day he has classes with this girl he likes. Based on his stories, it just sounded like he bothers the crap out of her in art to the point where the teacher gets annoyed.

"Jihoon~" Justin calls out quietly. I sit across the guys and put my bag down in the seat beside me.

"Where's Miss Choi?" I ask.

"She's gonna be out for a week, I will be filling in for her till then," a female voice speaks up from behind us. Justin's eyes light up while Jinyoung smiles.

"Arin!" they both say.

I look at them with a confused look before looking at the girl behind me. My eyes widen as they set upon the very girl who gave me detention, "You?!"

She smiles at me, "I said see you in detention didn't I?"