19 | friends

Author's Note: y'all my story sucks on the low 💀  but thank you all for 1.6k reads!!

Jihoon's POV

Jihoon's POV

I remained quiet for a moment, still thinking about which option would be best for Arin.

Tell her to not give up on Jinyoung so I can continue to skip detention?

Or...

tell her to give up on Jinyoung and find someone else, keeping in mind she could be hurt by this.

It's obvious that there's only one good option. And if I chose the first one- I'd be a complete asshole. Y'all already know I'm a gentleman though. #respectwomen

"Arin..." I began, Arin turned to look at me, "I think... Jinyoung is not for you," I tell her, "I mean, you deserve someone but- Jinyoung isn't even looking for a relationship. I don't even think he even likes anyone..." I didn't want her to be upset and I didn't want to see her with a sad face, but she just gave me a small smile.

"Thank you," she said. I look at her, slightly confused.

"For what?" I asked.

"For being honest. Truthfully it did seem like that, no matter how much I thought about it. I don't think Jinyoung is interested in this type of stuff. I mean I've been crushing on him for a year- and I've only ever been just his friend," Arin says, clutching onto the bottom of her hoodie.

"You also think that Jinyoung wasn't capable of liking anyone at the moment, so you told me to give up... So thank you, for being honest with me so I wouldn't continue to be sad," Arin says, giving me a bright smile. I felt my heart ache at the sight of her smile.

I was relieved that I made the right decision, and that she whole heartedly accepted what I said, but I knew she wasn't fully okay with accepting the fact that her crush would never like her back.

"Y-You're welcome..." I say, looking down at Apricot who was now on my lap. I heard Arin sigh. I looked up as she spoke.

"Ah, what a waste. I did all this 'practice' for him. I guess I got carried away in my fantasies..." She says, a bitter smile displayed. Arin looks down at her lap, "we don't need those lessons anymore Jihoon. You don't need to teach me anything anymore. I'll still get you out of detention, don't worry about that. But thank you, also, for trying to help me. You're a great friend," she looks up at me again, and smiles.

We are friends? But...hearing the fact that we wouldn't be able to hold hands anymore kind of upset me, but I pushed that feeling aside.

"Friends...?" I asked her. She nods, "why? Did you not consider us friends by now? Are we still acquaintances?" She asks jokingly.

I smiled at her, I found myself liking this advancement but a bit disappointed that these "lessons" were over.

(time skip to the next day bc im lazy lmao)

Arin's POV

I'm somewhat glad I decided to give up on Jinyoung. I guess it was hard for me this whole time because I chose to keep trying. At least I never confessed to him because now we can continue to be friends normally... later on in the future.

It's hard to stop liking someone so fast. It's going to take time for me to look at Jinyoung as just friends. I don't know why I thought it would happen over night.

I sighed, trudging over to my locker. I put in my password, but the dang locker wouldn't open.

"Boy, what the fuck man," I groaned, hitting the locker after trying numerous times to open it.

"Um, excuse me?" a voice asks behind me. I turn around and see Ahn Hyungseop, a boy in my home room class. I turned around awkwardly, "yes?" I asked him. He points at the locker, "that's... my locker..."

I look at him in confusion. My locker was locker 347 and this locker said it's- 34...8.

"Oh," I say awkwardly. I take a step back and look at my locker. I put in the password and the locker opened, "I am an idiot..." I mumbled. I heard Hyungseop laugh beside me.

"Are you okay, Arin?" he asks. I look at him and let out a small laugh, "yeah just... thinking about things I guess," I say.

"Thinking about what? The exams next week?" He asks. My eyes widen, I completely forgot about the exams. I should study all weekend, oh lord. I run my hand through my hair, messing up my bangs.

"I totally forgot about those, gosh thanks for reminding me Hyungseop," I say with a smile.

Hyungseop reaches his hand up to my hair, and smooths my bangs back down. I was shocked for a moment but I then give him another smile, "thank you for that too."

Hyungseop smiles back at me before replying, "no probl-"

"Arin?" I heard another voice beside me. I turn to look at who was talking and it turned out to be Jihoon.

"Oh, Jihoon! You're here early today-"

"Yeah, I am." He says, a bit sternly. I look at him and then at Hyungseop, who was giving the two of us confused looks. Hyungseop looks at me and then smiles, "I think I should go, see you in 6th period. Bye, Jihoon," he says before turning around and walking to his first class. I watched him walk away and then I turned to face Jihoon.

"What was that?" I asked him, a bit annoyed at how rude he was being. Jihoon looks at me, surprised, and then shoves his hands into his pocket.

"What do you mean?" He asks, playing dumb. I roll my eyes, "don't play dumb kid. Why were you being rude?" Jihoon frowns at me.

"I wasn't being rude," Jihoon says.

"You made Hyungseop leave-"

"I didn't tell him to leave."

"Well Jihoon, it sounded like you wanted him to!"

"I can't sound like I want someone to leave."

"Jihoon!" I raise my voice at him. Jihoon looks at me with a bit of shock.

I sigh before talking again, "why'd you interrupt me and Hyungseop talking?" I asked him. Jihoon stood in silence for a moment but then began talking.

"Just... How can you move on that fast?" he asks me, frowning. What?!

"Move on? What are you talking about? I didn't move on yet and- Hyungseop is a friend in my class!" I tell him. I scoff, realizing that we probably looked like a couple fighting, "why are we even talking about this? I don't have to explain this to you! What are we? A couple? Pft." I close my locker and glare at Jihoon before walking to my class.

Author's Note:
Guys Hyungseop makes my heart jiggle LMAODNAJSJ

Author's Note:Guys Hyungseop makes my heart jiggle LMAODNAJSJ