26 | him

Jihoon's POV

I looked at her in disbelief. She dreamt about Jinyoung? Did I hear wrong? Did I just imagine what she said? I let go of her hands as my arms dropped to my sides.

"You... dreamt about Jinyoung?" I asked her. She bites her lip and nods. I stood there, not knowing how to feel or react. How could I react? I spent the past few days thinking- possibly hoping- that she would say she dreamt about me.

But why...

Why was I even hoping my name would come out of her mouth? She's liked Jinyoung for so long, so what idiotic part of me thought she'd dream about me?

The part of me that likes her? No, I don't like her but...

I let out a bitter laugh and looked away. I ruffled my fringe as I turned a bit away from her.

"Jihoon-"

"Nah, just- I'm gonna go. I don't need to be in detention right? I'll go," I say. I walk towards the door and pushed it open a little bit too roughly. The door made a loud noise, causing the librarian to look up from her computer.

I didn't care though because for some reason, I felt very upset at the moment.

Arin's POV

I watched as Jihoon walked away from me. I felt an upsetting feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach as he left. Well, of course I wouldn't feel good about myself.

I lied to him.

But I didn't want to tell him that I actually dreamt about him and not Jinyoung. That would be weird, since we don't even like each other. Since I don't even like him. It made much more sense if I were to dream about Jinyoung anyways.

But why did Jihoon seem so upset?

I sighed before speed walking towards the door. I needed to chase after Jihoon.

I gently pushed the door opened and slid out. I picked up my pace as I walked through the halls. As I walked around the corner, through the doors that were propped open, I saw Jihoon slowly walking away while kicking the dirt.

Gripping my book bag strap, I walked faster. When I reached Jihoon, I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around to face me. He looked at me surprised at first but then replaced it with an annoyed look.

"What?" Jihoon asks, as polite as he could at the moment. I take a few deep breaths before I speak.

"Are you angry at me?" I ask him, standing up straight. My question seemed to have taken him by surprise.

"What?" He asks. I step closer, asking him again while looking at him dead in the eyes.

"Are you angry at me?" I ask. Jihoon's eyes lock with mine.

"I'm not angry at you."

"Then why did you walk away like that after I said I dreamt about Jinyoung?" I asked him. Jihoon looks at me with a look I couldn't even understand. He sighs and looks away for a moment and then focuses his gaze back on me.

"Why is it always him?" He asks. I look at him, confused. It was clear to me that he was referring to Jinyoung but, what did he mean by the question?

"I don't understand what you're asking me," I say. We were staring intensely at each other. I don't know what my eyes were telling Jihoon but his eyes were telling me that he was very upset, or in pain, at the moment.

"Why," pain was seeping out of his voice, "why do you always think of Jinyoung?"

"I-"

"No, why do you always think of holding Jinyoung's hand when I'm the one holding yours? Why do you think about how Jinyoung feels about something when I'm the one who's telling you how I feel? Why did you dream about him?" Jihoon asks me in a painful voice.  He looked so hurt right now.

A sudden realization hits me. Does Jihoon...

"Jihoon... do you like me?" I ask him, quietly. Jihoon's eyes widen but then he scoffs.

"You know what? I think I do. I've been following you around like a fool and enjoying my time spent with you while you chase after another guy. It doesn't even matter if I like you, you'll still be chasing after him," he says, turning to walk away afterwards.

"Wait, Jihoon," I say. He stops in his tracks and slightly looks to the side.

"I lied," I say. Jihoon turns around to face me again, only this time he was a bit farther away from me.

"You lied?" he asks, confused as to what I would be lying about.

"I-I lied about dreaming about Jinyoung," I could feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks as I was about to admit to what I was dreaming about, "I didn't dream about him but he was in the dream- but it's just... I told Jinyoung that I didn't like him and that I liked-"

"Me," Jihoon answers quietly. My eyes widened at him and I shut my eyes because I could feel the blush getting more intense.

"Yes. I said I liked you in the dream, but truthfully I don't know if I do or not. It's too sudden for me to be sure, I've only known you for two weeks but so much has happened and-"

I was pulled into a tight hug. Shocked, I didn't know where to place my arms. Jihoon had his arms tightly around my waist, so I lifted my arms and wrapped them around his neck. Why were we even hugging though?

"Forget him," Jihoon says, pulling away from the hug while his hands remained gripping my waist. My hands slid onto his shoulders as I pulled away, "what?" I asked.

"Forget Jinyoung. Stop chasing after him and let me chase after you."