10 | hold my hand

Jihoon's POV

I said that I was going to take 30 minutes to get ready, but I don't even need that long. By 'putting on some clothes,' I meant finding a jacket and putting on sweatpants instead of wearing my shorts. It was getting chilly, since it was almost 9 pm.

I heard the front door open as I walked down the stairs, putting on my jacket.

"Jihoon?" Jinyoung calls out. I hop down the last step and reply, "yeah?" Jinyoung turns around and looks at me, "wait, where are you going so late?" he asks. I grab my shoes which were laying beside the front door and I sit on the stairs to put them on. Jinyoung takes off his shoes and puts it where mine used to be.

"I gotta meet someone," I say, tying my shoes. I get up and put my phone in my pocket. I look up to see Jinyoung looking at me with a bright expression.

"What?" I ask. Jinyoung crosses his arms and shakes his head while smiling, "are you going to see a girl?" he asks. I choked on air for a moment.

"No, but so what if I was?" I asked him. Jinyoung shrugs, "just saying, you must be really close to them if you're gonna leave the house late at night to meet them," he says, before walking away and into the kitchen.

Close? Me and Arin weren't best friends but even though I just met her, I don't think we've ever been awkward towards each other. Except that one time I slipped my entire backstory to her on accident-

I opened the door and yelled a "see you later," to Jinyoung before closing it again. If I walked to where Arin was from here, it would take me 10 minutes. I guess I'll be running there. I took my phone out of my pocket to hold onto it while I run. I didn't want it to accidentally fall out. That would be t r a g i c.

I began running, only to be winded like three minutes later. It's time to walk. No puedo. (I can't in spanish)

I reverted to keeping a steady but fast pace on walking instead of running. The cherry blossom trees came into view and I can almost feel all of the pollen taking over my senses. Through the trunks of the trees, I could see the play ground. The swings were at the back of the playground so Arin wouldn't see me walk over.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Perfect.

I made my steps quieter as I stepped foot on the playground. I walked around the slides and noticed Arin sitting on one of the swings, back towards me. Why would she sit that way? That's so dangerous.

I approached Arin and made my way behind her. I prepared myself to scare her, like how she always does with me, but I felt a sneeze coming on. Out of all times, why now?! I placed my hand over my mouth and nose to try to stop my sneezing. I turn around wait until I didn't think I was going to sneeze and as soon as I felt like it was going away, I put my hand down.

"Jihoon, what are you doing?" Arin says behind me. I jump and let out a short but sharp yell before sneezing. I turn around to face Arin. Her eyes were wide, but she starts smiling.

"You sneeze like a kitten," She says happily.

( ̄ー ̄) I hate her.

"Shut up, I told you I didn't go here because I sneezed a lot," I say. Arin shrugs her shoulders and sits in the swing again. I take a seat in the swing beside her. It was silent for a moment until she asked me a question, "Jihoon, have you ever held a girl's hand before?" She asks.

I chOked on air once more, "W-why are you asking me that?" I ask her, looking at her from the side.

"Just asking," she replies. I thought she was joking but the way she was looking up at the sky, eyes lit with wonder, made me realize she was really curious. I cleared my throat before thinking about her question.