11 | extra practice

Author's Note: 624 Reads!!! That's amazing guys!! I started this story exactly 10 days ago and my story has already grown so much. I'm so grateful honestly.
I quit writing on and off for two years and I quit writing for one completely because I lacked confidence in my writing. Two weeks ago I finally decided to write again. I made a new account and started all over. :') Thank you all so much for supporting me! Please don't be ghost readers! I like seeing all of your comments! Thank you all so much!

 :') Thank you all so much for supporting me! Please don't be ghost readers! I like seeing all of your comments! Thank you all so much!

Jihoon's POV

"Ahh, it feels nice," Arin says, smiling as we walk. I look at her from the corner of my eye and smile too.

"Will you smile like that when Jinyoung holds your hand?" I ask. Arin hums before replying, "I'd probably smile so much to the point in which I wish I could stop smiling," she says. I laugh at her response and shake my head, "you really like Jinyoung."

"No, really?" She asks, jokingly, "where are we walking to though?" She asks. I look around us and all I notice is that we've been walking towards the food stands.

"Oh... I don't know? I was just walking wherever," I say truthfully, looking at her. Arin looks at me as well.

"Are you hungry? Did you eat yet? Do you want to buy something?" She asks me. Actually, I didn't eat yet. But I can't eat right now either since I didn't bring my wallet.

"No, I'm okay. I don't have my wallet," I say, trying to pull her in a different direction but she's stubborn. She tugs on my hand and tries to pull me towards the food stands.

"It's okay, I have money let's go!" She says, still trying to pull me.

"No, I'm not letting you pay for me," I say. If she wanna be stubborn then I'll be stubborn too. Arin looks at me and frowns, "why not?"

"Why else not? I am a man!! (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾ I don't let women pay for my food!" I say, upset. I expected Arin to yell at me, but she just smiled.

"Jihoon, you're really cute when you try to be manly- but it's not gonna work," Arin says, pulling me over to the first food stand.

"Why can't you just compliment and not insult me while doing it," I mumbled. Arin pulls me with her to the tteobokki stand where we meet an old woman.

"Hello! How much for one, um- box?" Arin asks, not knowing how to order. The old woman smiles at us, "are you on a date with your boyfriend?" she asks. My eyes widen and I raise my hand to object but Arin beats me to it, "yep! But he forgot his wallet so I'm paying ," Arin says.

Σ(゚д゚lll)( ゚д゚) Did she just agree?! Not to mention, she also made me sound like a bad boyfriend!

The old woman smiles at us, "What a cute sight, tell you what- I'll give you a box for free this time. But next time, young man, you have to be prepared to buy some for your girlfriend," she says. I stare at her, mouth opened, and Arin just smiles and thanks her enthusiastically. The old woman gives us the box of free tteobokki and I take it in my free hand while Arin waves at the old woman.

"Thank you very much!" She says, before we walk away to go sit at one of the tables. A long lamp post stood beside the table, providing us some light so we could eat our food. I set the food down on the table and I sat down, Arin sitting right next to me.

"Why are you sitting beside me?" I ask. She lifts our hands and I just realized we were still holding hands.

"Oh- sorry, you could have stopped holding my hand whenever you wanted to," I say to her. She scratches her head with her free hand, "oh, I guess so." She lets go of my hand and then stands up to sit across from me. Okay, my hand lowkey felt really cold after that and I lowkey wanted her hand back. She pulls out her phone from her pocket, "you can eat it all, I already ate earlier," she says.

"Are you sure?" I ask her. Arin nods reassuringly and starts playing games on her phone. I look at her and then open the box of food. Before eating it, I remember a question I've been wanting to ask her.

"Wait, Arin?"

"Hmm?" She hums, not looking up from her game.

"Why did you say to the old lady that I was your- um- boyfriend?" I asked Arin. I can hear her die in her game before she answers me. She sets her phone down on the table and looks at me, "because she wouldn't believe us anyways even if we told her we weren't dating," she says.

"What do you mean?" I ask her. Arin sighs and picks up her phone again, restating the game.

"Jihoon, we are two teenagers holding hands while walking around at night. Do we look like we were just hanging out from anyone's point of view?" Arin asks. I found myself becoming extremely embarrassed thinking about what she said, so I ate the food in silence.

 I found myself becoming extremely embarrassed thinking about what she said, so I ate the food in silence

After eating, I offered to take Arin home.

"Nah, you don't have to. My house is nearby," Arin says, about to walk away.

"No- why can't you let me be a man? My pride is going to disappear because of you," I say to her while walking to her side, mumbling the last part.

Arin laughs, "okay Mr. Manly Man," she says, jokingly. We walked side by side in silence. I'm not gonna lie, I was aching to hold her hand again. It was just right there. The backs of our hands were just grazing each other's barely.

Man, I thought, fuck this.

I laced my hands together with hers and I heard a sharp breath. Arin was shocked for a moment, "what are you doing?" she asks.

"Extra practice," I replied.