25 | dream

Jihoon's POV

After Saturday, Arin hasn't contacted me at all. Even in the halls, I barely see her now. Maybe because we've been testing for the past three days since we've gotten back from the weekend?

But I still needed to ask her about who she was going to say while she was sleeping on Saturday. Most likely Jinyoung because she can't get over him that fast. Or maybe she was just dreaming about me? And just saying her dialogue from the dream out loud? Gosh I don't know, I'm going crazy.

It was bothering me for the past four days, Sunday through Wednesday, and I couldn't stop thinking about the possibility that she was about to say my name.

But then again, that wouldn't happen. (・_・;

On a completely different note, guess what I got this morning?

Fucking detention.

But this time, Miss Choi is back so I'm going to be going through hell for 30 minutes if I don't find Arin before then. This would be the perfect time to bump into Arin and tell her how I got the detention slip and ask if she could bail me out. But the problem is, I can't find her.

I know she's here at school but every time I spotted her, she'd disappear a moment after. As if she was some type of ninja or something.

I turned the corner of the hall and my eyes scanned through the crowd of people who just finished their last exam for this semester. Since I didn't find her in the crowd, I pulled out my phone and decided to text her.

you: arin where are you?
you: i got detention today

puppy arin: oh um
puppy arin: miss choi has to look over the students who needed extra time for exams so i'm here
puppy arin: don't come to detention
puppy arin: just go home

I frowned at the screen and then turned off my phone. Still holding the phone, I stuck my hands into the pockets of my pants and walked around the corner and towards the main entrance.

But somehow, I felt empty. I haven't talked to Arin for a few days and that short conversation just seemed like she was trying to get rid of me. I stopped briefly before turning on my heel and walking towards the library where detention was being held.

 I stopped briefly before turning on my heel and walking towards the library where detention was being held

I pushed open the door and walked towards the tables, slowly. I could see Arin talking to a boy, who wasn't Jinyoung, Samuel, Hyungseop or Justin. He was taller than her and wore round glasses. He smiled at her widely as she spoke to him.

Who was he?

I walked behind the bookshelf they were standing in front of and walked over to where they were, listening to their conversation.

"So after school tomorrow, I was thinking we could meet up at the ice cream place?" the male voice says. Is he asking her out?

"Yeah, that sounds great. This is gonna be so fun!" Arin replied. Why are you so excited to spend time with him?!

"Yeah, we're gonna have a great time-"

I cleared my throat and walked around the bookshelf and stopped beside them. They turned their heads towards me, Arin's eyes widening.

"Oh Jihoon, I thought I told you that you didn't need to come to detention," Arin says, in a nervous voice. I crossed my arms and glared at the boy.

"Well I came anyways, who is this?" I asked, glaring at the guy who seemed to be my height. He looked at me confused but then gave me a smile. Fake hoE.

"I'm Lee Euiwoong, from class A-1! Nice to meet you," he says. A look of shock spread across my face as I looked back at Arin, who was looking at the ground.

"E-Euiwoong?!" I asked. The Euiwoong who was multi talented, smart, and has abs? Euiwoong looks at me in surprise, "Oh, do you know me? Sorry, I don't know your name?" I look at him, still shocked, but then shook my head.

"You don't need to know," I say. Euiwoong gives me another confused look, "okay?" he asks. Arin sighs and looks up from the ground. She smiles at Euiwoong, causing him to smile back.

"I'll see you tomorrow Euiwoong, I gotta talk to this guy with no name right here," she says, hitting my chest as she referred to me. I groan in pain as I watch Euiwoong bow and walk away. Arin waves nicely at him before turning around to glare at me.

"Why are you always mean to the guys I talk to?" she asks. I roll my eyes, "please, I wasn't even mean this time," I say.

Arin rolls her eyes back and crosses her arms, "yOu dOnT nEeD tO knOw," she says, in a voice that mocked my words from earlier. I scoff at her, "okay maybe I was a bit mean," I say.

"But anyways, whY DID HE ASK YOU OUT ON A DATE?" I ask her, putting my hands on both her shoulders. Arin looks at me confused, and then pushes my hands off.

"What are you talking about?" she asks me. I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration, but I settled to just running my hand through my hair.

"He asked if you could meet up tomorrow at an ice cream shop?" I say. Arin looks at me with a blank face but then laughs.

"You're unbelievable," she says. I raised a brow at her, "what?" Arin walks over to the tables and sits down on top of it, her legs swinging as she spoke.

"We are on the dance committee. I'm not going to meet him alone, I'm going to meet him along with a few other people. Not a date, just deciding preparations for the dance," Arin explains. Oh.

"Oh, um, okay," I say, with a blank but embarrassed face. This is the second time I've mistaken her for flirting with a guy. (・_・;

Arin laughs as she hops off of the table, walking towards me again, "you gotta stop getting jealous Jihoon, I might think you're starting to like me," she says. I felt my face heat up.

"Pfft, never," I say, looking away. But then I remembered something, "wait, the other day- you had a dream. What was it about?" I ask her. Her eyes widen, and she looks at me with a shocked expression.

"What?" She asks.

"The other day, you were whispering in your sleep, you were about to tell me who you liked in that dream," I say to her. Arin's face turns red and she grips her book bag straps.

"Oh, it was just a dream. It didn't mean anything," she says quietly.

"Okay but what were you dreaming about?" I ask her. I noticed the grip on the straps got tighter when I asked this.

"Just... I dreamt about... things," she says, looking down. I sighed and removed both of her hands from the straps, holding them in mine.

"Arin, tell me what you dreamed about," I pleaded. But, I didn't even know why I wanted to know for. Arin bites her lip and sighs before looking up at me.

"I dreamt about Jinyoung."