4 | detention lessons

Arin's POV

Arin's POV

"Why would I need to get Jinyoung to like me?" I ask, as I felt some cold sweat breaking out on my forehead. Jihoon gives me the most iconic scoff I've ever seen. He's so dramatic, I swear-

"It's pretty obvious you like him. The only ones who probably can't tell, is Jinyoung- and maybe Justin too," he says, "But, if you get me out of detention then I will be happy to help him notice your love for him- and maybe he'll even return those feelings to you."

"I do not love him-"

"Was that the only thing you heard out of all of the things I just said?" He asks.

"I- no I- aghh!" He's enjoying making me look stupid. Jihoon probably noticed how flustered I was, because I heard him let out a small laugh.

"Are you not used to chasing after someone?" he asks, clearly interested in my situation.

"I am not chasing after him-"

"No, you're really not," he says, shaking his head, "every time Samuel brings up the fact that you like Jinyoung, you reject it. That's probably the reason why Jinyoung doesn't think you like him. It could also offend him in a way if you strongly pointed out that you feel nothing for him."

I thought about it and I immediately felt horrible.

He's right. If someone was accused of liking me and they strongly disagreed to it, I would feel horrible. I would feel like maybe I'm not good enough for someone to possibly like me...

"You're right," I say. Jihoon nods, "which is why you will ask him out on a date and confess your feelings."

My eyes widen, "what?! No way!" I take my books back from him and give him a glare before speed walking out of the building. Jihoon calls out to me as I rush down the stairs but I ignore him. Who was he to tell me what to do with my nonexistent relationship?

"Arin, wait!" Jihoon calls out. I stop and turn around, one of my books falling onto the floor as I do so. I bend down to pick it up, but Jihoon beats me to it. I straighten up my posture and he gives me back the book.

"Please, Arin, I can't go to detention anymore. I've been there way too much and as I said, my parents?? Owners of a company? Meaning what? That I would have to take over the family business. Do you think anyone can run a family business if they can't even get into college? All these detentions make it harder for me to get into a good college. If I let my parents down, my brother will become-" Jihoon stops talking, just now realizing that he's been telling all his problems to someone he just met. I unconsciously reached out to him and placed my hand on one of his shoulders, a cliche way of showing sympathy as if I was in a drama. His eyes widen at me, causing me to notice immediately what I had done. I removed my hand quickly and laughed nervously.

I look down and bite my lip before speaking, "I'm sorry I gave you detention today..."

I hear Jihoon let out a light chuckle, "it's alright, you've only given me it once. Jinyoung has gotten me into detention dozens of times," he says.

"I'll help you," I say, "I'll get you out of detention as much as I can!" I promise him. He was taken back a bit but then a smile creeps up onto his face, "really?! Thank you! I'll be sure to help you with Jinyoung too!" He winks at me. I can feel my face heating up, at the thought of me being closer to Jinyoung. (author: hA YEET YOU THOUGHT she was finna blush at jihoon winking. ok anyways)

"Ah no, you don't needa do that-"

"Give me your number! I will text you random facts about Jinyoung and the types of girls he likes every day," Jihoon says excitedly, pulling his phone out of his pocket. ASDFGHJKL I DON'T WANT RANDOM FACTS ABOUT JINY-

"Okay, my number is ***-***-****," I say.