Chapter 17

I was in the OR getting ready to have my c-section. I was waiting for the moment that Philip would be by my side.

Loudly, a nurse said, "You can bring the father in here now."

I was so happy when I heard those words. I knew that I wasn't going to be here alone. Philip's presence always comforted me somehow.

He sat in a chair by me and asked, "Are you ready?"

I said, "I guess so."

He grabbed my hand and said, "Let's have a baby."

I smiled up at him. I can't believe that we are about to have a daughter. I have only had boys and now I'm going to have a baby girl to dress up.

After about 20-30 minutes a nurse said, "Here she comes."

I am assuming it was that long. I couldn't tell how long it really was.

I was ready for our daughter to be here. I couldn't wait another second. We waited nine months to meet her and she is about to meet us.

The doctor grabbed her and showed her to Philip and I.

She said, "She is here. She was delivered at 9:36 PM."

I started to get teary eyed. Philip leaned over and we kissed.

I said, "She is gorgeous."

The OBGYN said, "Ok, dad we need you now."

Philip got up from his seat and walked on the other side of the sheet.

The OBGYN continued, "It is time to cut the cord."

Philip cut the cord. It was such a surreal moment for me. I was told that this pregnancy had a 98% chance in ending in a miscarriage and a 78% chance of the baby being premature. I beat the odds. I had this baby.

They cleaned up our daughter and handed her to Philip. Philip walked over to me and sat back down in the chair.

He said, "Here is our daughter. The newest McGraw is finally here."

I couldn't help, but smile. This moment didn't even feel like it was real. It felt like a dream.

I said, "Our baby girl is here. She is finally here."

Philip handed me our daughter and I immediately started to cry. So many emotions were going on in my head right now that I didn't know what to feel.

He said, "She looks a lot like you. Just as pretty as you."

I said, "You are just fishing out compliments today."

They cleaned me up and I was taken into a recovery room immediately. Philip stayed with me and our daughter.

I said, "We need to name her. We can't all her baby girl all her life."

He asked, "Well, what do you want to name her?"

I whispered into his ear the perfect name.

He said, "Well, that is her name then."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Stay tuned for her name in the next chapter! Don't forget to follow me, vote, and comment!

xoxo,
life_girl01

How do you think that the family will react when they see Baby McGraw?