Chapter 6

**THREE DAYS LATER**

I was in my office doing some work when I heard the doorbell ring. I answered the door and my parents were there.

I said, "Mom. Dad. Come on in!"

After my parents walked in, I asked, "What are y'all doing here?"

As we walked to the dinning room, my mom said, "Well, we wanted to stop by and see how your doing since  Philip isn't here."

I started to tear up a little. I was missing him a lot.

My mom said, "Oh, Robin. I'm sorry that I said that."

I said, "Mom, it's fine."

My dad asked, "So what have you been doing?"

I said, "Well, I've been busy with work, busy with the kids, and trying to keep the house clean."

My mom asked, "Are you doing ok with you being pregnant on top of it?"

I said, "Yeah! Philip and I have been talking every night before he goes to bed."

My phone rang and it was Philip.

*ON THE PHONE*

R: Hello.
P: Hey honey how are you?
R: I'm good. How was your day?
P: It was good, but I'm ready to be home.
R: I am ready for you to be home. I miss you!
P: I miss you too!
R: Can I call you back later?
P: Yeah. I love you!
R: I love you too!
P: Bye!

*NO LONGER ON PHONE*

I said, "Sorry about that. I never know when Philip is going to call me. But, would you guys like to stay for dinner?"

My dad said, "Sure."

My mom asked, "What will be eating?"

I said, "I have some chicken baking that we were going to eat. I have so many left overs from this week and I am only halfway done with the week without Philip."

Once dinner was done, my parents and I sat down to eat dinner.

My mom asked, "So, how is your pregnancy going?"

I said, "It is good except I haven't told Philip yet, but my OBGYN wants us to come in for an appointment with her."

My mom said, "Oh no!"

I asked, "What's wrong?"

She said, "That typically doesn't mean good things."

I said, "Mom, you have to accept the fact that I am already a high risk pregnancy for my age."

She said, "I know, but I have been worrying about you with this pregnancy. Especially, since Philip isn't home this week."

I said, "Mom, there is no need to worry. I am an adult. I am fine."

My dad said, "Well Robin, mom and I better be headed out."

I said, "Oh, ok. Let me walk you to the door."

We walked towards the door and my dad gave me a hug and said, "Bye baby. I love you!"

I said, "I love you too", and then he gave me a kiss.

My mom gave me a hug and said, "Bye! If you need anything let me know."

I said, "I will! Bye", and then she gave me a kiss.

I was so ready for Philip to be home.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I am sorry that it was short! Don't forget to vote for my story, follow me, and comment! Have a great day!

xoxo,

life_girl01