Chapter 19

After spending a few days in the hospital, Ellie and I get to go home. Philip came up to the room and saw that I was out of bed.

Philip said, "You look like you are ready to go home."

I said, "Of course I am. I have spent days in here."

A nurse came in and said, "Here are your discharge papers. It has everything you need to know in here. All you have to do is sign here."

I immediately signed the paperwork. I was ready to be home.

We went down to the car and it was the best moment ever. We got to finally take Ellie home with us.

When we arrived home it felt weird. I got out of the car and went to the trunk to grab my bag and Ellie's bag. Philip got her out of the car.

We walked into the house and said, "We are home with Ellie!"

Jay and Jordan rushed down the stairs to see us.

I said, "You boys are a little over eager to see us."

Jordan said, "We need to show you something."

I walked towards the kitchen island and put the bags down and followed Jay and Jordan into our basement.

Our parents and siblings were here.

I said, "Hi everyone!"

Everyone wanted to see Ellie and see how I was doing since having her.

After an hour or so, we convinced everyone to leave. I had spent days in the hospital. All I wanted to do was sit at home with my three children and husband.

I started walking towards the living room and asked Philip, "Could you grab Ellie's bottle off of the counter?"

Philip said, "Yes dear."

Philip walked in the living room with the bottle and sat down on the couch with me. He put his arm around me while I started to feed Ellie.

All of a sudden Jay and Jordan rapidly came into the living room and sat on the couch.

I asked, "What was that all about?"

Jay said, "We wanted to see Ellie."

I said, "Nothing exciting is going on. All she is doing is eating."

Right after that moment, the doorbell rang.

Jay excitedly said, "I got it!"

I figured that it was Erica, Jay's girlfriend, but it wasn't.

Carla, the Executive Producer came in and said, "Hi everyone!"

I said, "Hi Carla!"

Ellie finished her bottle, so I grabbed her burp cloth and started to burp her.

Philip said, "Take a seat Carla."

She sat down in an empty chair by the couch.

She asked, "How are you doing Robin?"

I said, "I'm doing good and so is Ellie."

After I finished burping her, I let Carla hold our daughter.

Carla continued to talk to us and out of the blue she asked, "Would you mind if the cameramen filmed a few shots for an episode? I'm thinking that this could be for our Welcome Baby Ellie episode."

I said, "Go for it!"

The cameramen hustled into our home. He took a few shots of the family surrounding me holding Ellie.

It was exciting being able to put Ellie down to bed. It did take us a while, but we got her down. I mean it has been years since we have had to put a baby to bed.

After we got her to bed I sat on the couch and sighed.

Philip asked, "What is wrong?"

I said, "I'm so tired."

I walked up to bed and ended up falling asleep as soon as I laid my head down.