Chapter 5

The day came that I have been dreading. Today, Philip is leaving for his conference in New York.

I got ready to go and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I heard the doorbell ring, so I went and answered the door. At the door was two of the camera men and the Executive Producer from the show, Carla.

I said, "Hi! Come on in."

We walked to the dining room.

I asked, "Do you guys need anything to drink?"

They all shook their head no.

I said, "Well, I'm going to see how much longer Philip is going to be. I will be right back."

As I went upstairs I found Philip bent over over his suitcase closing the zipper in our bedroom. It looks like he forgot to pack something once again.

"Hey", I said in a mellow tone not trying to scare him.

He said, "Good morning", and then we kissed.

I said, "We need to get to the airport. Your flight leaves in 2 1/2 hours."

He grabbed his suitcase and he said, "Well, here we go."

We walked downstairs and everyone stood up.

Carla said, "Well, Phil it looks like it is time for all of us to head to the airport."

We got in the car to head to the airport.

I grabbed Philip's hand and said, "This will be one of the last times that I will get to hold your hand for a week."

Philip said, "This week will go by faster than you think."

I said, "Hopefully it will."

He said, "It will", and then he led my hand to his lips, and placed a light kiss on it.

About 20 minutes later, we arrived at the airport. This felt more and more real. I met Philip on the other side of the car and he grabbed my hand. It was weird walking in the airport with cameras following us. We got to the point where we had to say goodbye. This wasn't the best time for Philip to be leaving in the middle of my pregnancy.

Philip pulled me in for a hug and I started to cry.

He said, "Oh, honey don't cry."

I tried so hard to not cry, but it didn't work.

He said, "Bye! I love you!"

I said, "I love you too", he pulled me in for a kiss.

He said, "I will call you when I get off the plane and I will try to everyday."

I said, "Ok. Be safe."

He said, "I will", and then we kissed again.

Philip reached into his pocket and handed me the keys.

He said, "You might need these."

I said, "Just maybe!"

He saw that I still had tears coming out of my eyes, so he wiped them and he said, "Now this is goodbye", and we had one final kiss.

We had to say our final goodbyes and then I saw him walk off into the airport.

It felt weird when I got out to the car that I was driving home by myself.

I thought to myself, "It will only be one week without Philip. I can do this."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm sorry that this chapter was super short. My next few chapters should be longer. Don't forget to follow me, comment, and vote.

xoxo,

life_girl01

How do you think Robin will hold up while Philip is gone for his conference in New York?