Chapter 18

Philip was sitting on the edge of my hospital bed, with his arm around me, while I was holding our daughter. We knew that our family would be visiting very soon to see our new daughter.

I said, "I think that we should let Jay and Jordan see her first. I mean this is their baby sister."

Philip said, "I understand. I will see if any family is here."

He walked out into the lobby and saw a lot of our family.

He asked his mom, "Is Jay and Jordan here yet?"

His mom said, "No, but could we come in to see her?"

He said, "We want Jay and Jordan to see her first and then we will let you all in here."

Philip walked back in and said, "They aren't here yet."

Right after that moment we heard a knock at the door.

I asked, " Can you answer that?"

Philip answered the door and it was Jay and Jordan.

He said, "Hi boys! Come on in!"

When I could see them I said, "Hi guys!"

Philip sat on the edge of my bed and put his arm around me.

Jay said, "She is here! She is finally here."

Jordan asked, "What is her name?"

I looked up at Philip and smiled.

I said, "Ellie Mae McGraw."

Jay said, "Why, hello there Ms. Ellie."

Jordan asked, "Can I hold her?"

I said, "Of course!"

Jordan came towards me. Philip took Ellie out of my arms and handed her to Jordan.

Jordan said, "Hi Ellie! I'm Jordan, your older brother."

It was so sweet to hear Jordan talk to Ellie and to see him hold her.

I gave Philip my phone and said, "Take pictures of them."

Philip took a photo of Jordan holding Ellie.

Jay asked, "Can I hold her now?"

Jordan handed Ellie to Jay.

Jay said, "Hi Ellie! I'm Jay, your oldest brother. You won't see me very much since I'm in college, but I hope we get to bond some."

After a few minutes of holding her, Jay handed her back to me.

A nurse was in the room and Philip asked, "Could you take a picture for us?"

The nurse said, "Of course!"

I held Ellie, while Jay and Jordan stood to the left of me and Philip to my right.

The nurse left the room. I knew that this was the time to let the family in.

I said, "Philip, you can go get the rest of the family now."

Philip walked out the door and said, "You guys can come on in now."

I was sitting in the bed holding Ellie. I heard all of the squeals from my nieces and nephews as they walked in. Our parents came in with flowers, balloons, and gifts.

I said, "Hi everyone! Meet Ellie Mae McGraw."

Everyone was so excited to meet her. All I heard was, "Can I hold her? I want to hold her first. Let me hold her."

I handed Ellie to Philip and said, "You choose who gets to hold her first."

He said, "Ok, kids. If you want to hold Ellie come sit down in the chairs."

There was a row of about six chairs in the room. All of the nieces and nephews got to hold Ellie. They all were pretty excited.

Philip handed Ellie to his mom, Anne.

His mom said, "Oh my she is gorgeous!"

I just smiled at what she said.

She continued, "Hi Ellie! I'm Grandma Anne! You are such a pretty baby! You are going to be spoiled rotten. I can already tell."

She handed Ellie to Philip's dad, Joe.

Philip's dad said, "You look just like a McGraw! You have the dimples and the chubby cheeks! You are one gorgeous girl, just like your mommy!"

Philip got the baby from his dad and handed her to my dad, Jim.

My dad said, "Oh my you are one gorgeous girl! You look just like your mommy!"

My dad passed her on to my mom, Georgia.

My mom said, "Well, look at this gorgeous girl! Ms. Ellie Mae! You are one lucky girl! All of the boys are going to be after you!"

Philip grabbed Ellie from my mom and handed her to me.

I said, "I really appreciate you stopping by to meet our newest addition!"

My mom said, "She is absolutely gorgeous!"

Our parents started to leave, but before Philip's parents left his mom said to me, "You and Phil know how to make beautiful babies. They are too cute for this family."

I said, "Thank you!"

In the room was our family of five. It seemed so crazy that we were now a family of 5.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you guys are enjoying this story and this chapter! I have been working very hard on it! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me!

xoxo,
life_girl01