Chapter 13

Philip said nothing after I asked the question.

I asked again, "Why is there a golf cart here?"

Philip said, "You don't need to worry. Just sit here."

I sat in the passenger seat of the golf cart.

He sat in the driver's seat, leaned over to me and said, "You have to put this on."

He held up a blindfold.

While putting it on me I asked, "Honey, why are you doing this?"

He said, "Because it is necessary."

He grabbed my hand and we had some small talk during our drive.

When we arrived at our destination, I was surprised.

He said, "I will come over to your side. All you have to do is grab my hand."

I said, "Ok."

He did what he said he would and I grabbed his hand. We walked a little ways and then he took the blindfold off.

I said, "Oh my gosh!"

I started to cry and Philip pulled me in for a hug.

He asked, "Surprised?"

I said, "Yes."

All of my co workers were standing there with gifts and signs that said 'Congratulations!' I had my hand over in my mouth in shock.

My boss came up towards me, gave me a hug, and said, "Congratulations Robin!"

I said, "Thank you!"

I turned towards Philip and asked, "Do you still have any tissues?"

He handed me a tissue.

My boss said, "Since, we won't be able to make it to your baby shower in a few weeks, we thought that we would bring your gifts to you now."

I said, "Thank you so much! You don't even know how lucky I am to have such amazing co workers."

They all came towards me for a group hug.

My boss said, "The office is going to be different when you are on maternity leave."

I said, "I am going to miss all of you while I'm on maternity leave."

One of my co workers asked, "How long until you go on maternity leave?"

I said, "15 weeks."

Everyone was shocked at the amount of time that I had left until maternity leave.

Philip said, "Let's go eat lunch and talk more."

Philip pulled me in for a hug and I said, "Thank you so much!"

He said, "You deserved this."

I said, "I love you!"

He said, "I love you too", and then we shared a kiss.

We got in the golf cart and told my co workers to follow us. We drove up to the stage and I was confused on what was happening.

Philip grabbed my hand and I asked, "What is happening?"

As he put the blindfold on me again he said, "Everything will be fine. Just grab my hand."

I grabbed his hand and we walked into the studio where we film the show.

He took the blindfold off and everyone said, "Surprise!"

I put my hand over my mouth in shock.

I said, "Oh. My. Word."

Philip planned a luncheon with all of our friends and family.

I turned towards him, gave him a hug and said, "Thank you so much for everything!"

He grabbed my hands and said, "You deserve this."

After some people that showed up and greeted me, Philip stood up and spoke.

He said, "I want to thank you all for coming and helping me with this surprise for Robin. As many of you may know, Robin has been stressing about the fact that she is already 21 weeks pregnant and will only be working for another 15 weeks. This is a great way to get Robin's mind off of that thought and just to be with our family and friends. So, let's say a prayer."

I grabbed Philip's hand and he said the prayer.

After Philip said the prayer he said, "Ok the food is over there."

We started walking over there and he said, "Robin, can lead us."

Everyone that attended the luncheon ate.

Philip stood up and said, "I want to thank everyone for coming today. I know for some of you it wasn't easy to get off of work to come here. Now, we have one more surprise for Robin."

Philip grabbed my hand and said, "Everyone follow us."

We walked outside and I saw Jay standing there. I couldn't believe it. He goes to college in Arkansas, so we don't get to see him as often as we would like to. Jay came towards me and gave me a hug.

Jay said, "Hi mom! How are you?"

I said, "You're here!"

Jay said, "I'm here."

I immediately started getting emotional. I was in shock.

I asked, "How? What?"

Philip pulled me in for a side hug and said, "I'm pretty good at surprises."

I said, "I got to hand it to you doctor, but you are good at surprising me."

Twenty minutes later, everyone started leaving. I was getting hugs from everyone. It was just Jay, Philip, and I left.

I asked, "Jay, aren't you supposed to be at college?"

Jay said, "I took a day off of school just to be here."

I said, "I will make an exception for that."

I was in shock of what Philip planned for me.

We started walking towards his office and I said, "Thank you for everything!"

He said, "You are welcome! Plus, you deserve all of this. I mean you are the one that is pregnant."

He gave me a kiss. We got in his office. He sat down and I sat on his lap. He put his arms around me and we started having small talk.

After a while I said, "Well, I better get home before Jordan gets there."

He said, "Ok. I love you."

I said, "I love you too", and then we kissed.

I got off of his lap and walked to my car and headed home.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote for this chapter, follow me, and comment! Have a great day!

xoxo,

life_girl01

Would you of been surprised if you were Robin?