Chapter 8

We got home and walked in from the garage. All of our family and friends were there, but Philip had no idea.

I said, "Were home."

Philip said, "We are the only ones that live here. Why are you saying that?"

We turned the corner and all of our family and friends said, "Surprise!"

Philip was in shock. Philip's parents came up to hug him.

He looked at me and said, "You did this all for me?"

I said, "Yes. You deserve it!"

He said, "I love you!"

I said, "I love you too", and then we kissed.

He said, "Well, this is a surprise for me."

I said, "Thank you all for coming today and helping me pull off this surprise for Philip! It is amazing to know that we have such a big support system."

Philip said, "Before we eat, let's say a prayer." I grabbed his hand and he led us in a prayer.

After the prayer, we walked into the kitchen to get ready to eat dinner.

My mom, Philip's mom, his two sisters, one of my sister and I made all of the food. We made Lemon-Rosemary Grilled Chicken, steamed veggies,  avocado salad, pasta salad, garlic herb roasted green beans and potatoes.

I let Philip go first, since after all this get together/party was for him and he has been traveling all day.

Everyone sat down to eat and everyone just talked. My mom was sitting on one side of me, while Philip was on the other.

My mom asked, "Robin, did you tell Phil about meeting with the doctor?"

I immediately took a drink of water and while I did that Philip asked, "Tell me what?"

I said, "Hm?"

He asked, "What was your mom talking about?"

I said, "I will tell you later."

He said, "Ok. I love you", and he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

After dinner, we all sat at the table talking. Philip put his arm on my chair.

Anne asked, "Robin, how is the pregnancy going?"

I said, "It's going good."

Later, Philip stood up and said, "I have an announcement to make."

I was so confused on what was happening.

He grabbed my hands, had me stand up in front of everyone, and said, "The first time I met you, we were both at my parents house. I was laying on the couch sick and you just happened to be my sister's friend. Even if you weren't dressed to impress, I knew that I wanted you in my life. After that first time we went out, I knew that you were the one. You didn't care that I was still in school, but it was to become the doctor that most people know me by. You knew me before I was put on TV and our lives changed drastically. My life became so much better the moment that I met you and started talking to you. We both knew that we wanted to be together, but you had to wait for me to pop the question. It took me a long time to man up and ask you. But, when you said yes we didn't know that our life was going to change drastically less than a year later, when you told me that you were pregnant with our oldest son, Jay. You wanted this beautiful wedding that you never got because of our circumstances. So, now I have the moment for the real announcement.."

Philip reached in his pocket, got on one knee, opened the jewelry box and asked, "Robin, will you continue to be married to me?"

I put both of my hands over my mouth in shock.

I nodded my head yes.

He put the ring on my ring finger and pulled me in for a hug.

He gave me a kiss on the head and said, "I love you!"

I said, "I love you too", and then we kissed.

Wiping tears from my eyes still, I sat back down in my seat.

The girls were coming over to look at the ring, while the guys were walking over to Philip telling him, "You did it! Congrats!"

We all enjoyed the night full of friends, fun, and laughter.

After everyone left, Philip and I did all of the dishes.

While doing dishes, Philip asked, "What was your mom talking about at dinner?"

I started twisting my wedding and engagement ring because I was nervous. I said, "Well, while you were gone I got a call from my OBGYN and she said she wants me to make an appointment with her so that we can talk in her office and not TV."

Philip asked, "Why was that such a big deal?"

I said, "I told my parents already and my mom thinks it is a bad thing that she wants us to come in."

He said, "It's not that big of a deal."

I said, "I know, but she did go through 2 miscarriages. While I went through 1 miscarriage."

He said, "That is true."

We finished up the dishes and I walked upstairs to our bedroom. I got ready for bed and got in bed and sat on my laptop doing some work.

Twenty five minutes later, Philip got in bed and grabbed my hands.

I asked, "What are you doing?"

He said, "I haven't held your hands in a week, so all I want to do is hold your hands."

I just laughed.

He asked, "How is the baby doing?"

I said, "He/She is good."

He asked, "When is your next ultrasound on the show going to be?"

I said, "Monday."

He said, "Well, in going to call it a night. Goodnight! I love you!"

I said, "I love you too", and then we kissed.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote for this chapter, follow me, and comment! Have a great day!

xoxo,

life_girl01