Chapter 15 ~Hunting Buddy~

Bliss sat on a log in the middle of the forest sharping an random stick she picked up. Singh was laying in a tree above her as he watched her. Ever since they met Yin'tekai, Singh as been keeping a close eye on her to make sure she wasn't going to get to close to him.

      "You know you can just sit down here with me instead of trying to be creepy up there." Bliss said as she continued to sharpen the stick and Singh slowly crawled down the tree and sat beside her.

      "And don't think I know what you're doing." Bliss said and Singh tilted his head at her. "Don't act like you don't know. Yin'tekai so far as been kind, and I know you two are enemies, but your kind and humans were too. But mom loved you anyway, so can you try to be a little bit more nicer towards him?"

     Singh growled, but nodded knowing that Bliss was as stubborn as her mother about people and things having goodness in them. And that was one of the reasons he loved both of them.

     Bliss set the stick down that now had a very sharp tip when she heard the familiar clicks in the distance. She slightly smiled as Singh hissed when Yin'tekai appeared in front of them.

     "Good morning Bliss." Yin'tekai says to her and Bliss nods. "Morning Yin'tekai." He looked over at Singh, who quietly growled at him, but not loud enough for Bliss to hear.

    "What were you two doing?" Yin'tekai asked and Bliss shrugged. "Nothing really, I was just waiting for the period of time that I go hunting in." "You hunt?" Yin'tekai asked, surprised that she did.

     "Yeah, but I usually onto get a rabbit or two, rarely I get a deer." Bliss said, till she stopped and thought of something. "You know, you can help me hunt." Bliss said and Yin'tekai tilted his head a bit at her. "You want me to hunt with you?"

     "Yeah, maybe with your help we can catch something bigger." "Do you have a weapon?" Yin'tekai asked her knowing that it was a stupid idea if you didn't have a proper weapon.

     "No, but you do." Bliss says to him and he knew she meant that he was going to give her one of his weapons. "No, I'm not giving you one of my weapons?" Bliss groaned, "Come on, just give me a knife, ooh maybe your spear." Yin'tekai shook his head, but he knew the female wouldn't stop due to her asking him multiple times.

      Soon on the 30th time of asking for a weapon, Yin'tekai growled out of frustration and took out his spear. "Fine, you can use it, but right after we are done you are giving it back to me." Bliss smiled and took the spear out of his hands.

     "To use it, press this to make it extend longer, then press it again to make it the size it is now." Yin'tekai showed her out to use it as she told him that she knew how to throw it.

     Singh watched them as he sat beside a tree, slightly growling at them. His daughter didn't need to he hanging around with his mortal enemy, especially not hunting with him.

     He hissed and walked over towards them and nudged Bliss. "What?" Bliss asked him as she turned her head around to face him. He growled and hissed at her and she frowned. "Dad, I'm going to be okay. Yin'tekai will protect me and besides, we may finally get an decent meal."

     Singh growled knowing she wasn't going to change her mind and he hissed and walked away. "He's mad, but don't worry. He'll get over it." Bliss says and Yin'tekai slowly nods as he watched Singh disappear from their sight.

     "Come on, I know a great spot in a tree that overlooks a large section of the forest." Bliss says and she walks off and Yin'tekai follows her.

                       ........................

      For a couple hours, Bliss and Yin'tekai have hunted. Due to his great skill in hunting, he actually found a herd of deer, which they shot one down.

     Bliss extended the spear as she aimed it at an rabbit that was below her. After a few seconds, she threw it at the small creature, which went through it's neck.

     She smiles as she jumps down from the tree and picks up the rabbit and spear. "Nice job, for an ooman you have a great skill in hunting." Yin'tekai says as he takes his spear and puts it on his back.

     Bliss smiles at him as she puts the body of the rabbit in the bag that also has four more rabbits and a lot of deer meet. "I meant to ask, but what does ooman mean?" "It's what my kind calls humans." Yin'tekai answers her and she nods.

     As they began to walk back to Bliss's home, Yin'tekai stopped. "What?" Bliss asked as she stopped as well and looked back at him wondering why he stopped. That is till she heard two familiar voices approaching. Yin'tekai quickly turned invisible and jumped into a tree.

      The two voices were from Nick and Phillip.

Sorry for the long wait, but I have been working on my new Httyd fanfiction and my Alien Isolation fanfiction!