Chapter 4 ~No Luck Today, Maybe Tomorrow~

Bliss woke up early that morning knowing that she was finally one step closer to finding her father. She quickly picked up her bag, putting the two different color strings, five pieces of meat, a apple, bottle of water, and a knife she kept under her "bed" just in case. When she was packed, she immediately left into the forest towards the tree with the blue ribbon on it.

     She finally arrived at the tree and she smiled at the sight of it. "Looks like this is it." Bliss said to herself as she looked behind her before walking forward to the new part of the forest.

       Minutes turned into hours, and hours well, turned into more hours. Bliss took a deep breath and stopped from walking. She expected to already find a clue of her father but for the half of the day she has been searching and walking, she hasn't found anything. Bliss already drunk half of the bottle of water and ate the apple she brought with her, so she knew sooner or later after she cooked and ate the five pieces of meat, she would have to head back home.

        Bliss hated the thought of going back home, but she soon had to after eating the pieces of meat she brought with her, after cooking them above a fire. She looked around the trees before taking out her strings. She didn't know which one to choose since this was half and half. Bliss sighed and put them away, turned around and started to walk back home.

        She hated that for the first time in 11 years, she found a clue where her father was and yet she didn't find another clue. Bliss sighed knowing there was always more days to go back and search again. She now laid upon the pile of rags, looking at the barren ceiling. She usually did that when she was thinking hard about something.

        Bliss thought about why her father left. She didn't mean to do it, but sometimes she would lay down and think about things. Now was one of those times. "I wonder if dad misses me." Bliss said to herself, as she turned her head towards the door that showed the night sky and the forest up ahead. She sighed again and thought about what he was probably doing right now. Maybe he was thinking about her, maybe looking at the moon, or maybe thinking about coming back home.

        Bliss hoped it was the last one. She always wished that when she woke up, her father would be in the same room, his tail swinging back and forth and holding her against his body. Bliss smiled at the thought then went back to thinking about tomorrow. She had a good feeling she was going to find something out there. Maybe it would lead her closer to him, or maybe even showing where he actually is.

         But either one was good enough for her.

Sorry for the long wait! I was writing more of Invisible so I'll try to update sooner between this one and the other one!