Shit. He Found Out.

I came back to consciousness when my phone vibrated in my hands.

I realized I was stuck inside Ed' s grasp, his loud snoring due to his pneumonia.

I slowly pulled him off, stretching my sore muscles while I was at it. I kissed his forehead as he squirmed more comfortably.

The clock read 11:30am..

I looked down at my phone to find a text from Paul and Eds manager. Funny how managers are so similar.

Paul
Just saw TMZ. Are you okay? Update me please.

Stuart (Ed’s Manager)
Ed isn't replying. Are you guys alright? Call me. Thanks.

I laughed and replied back quickly as I sat on the chair on the side of the room.

I sat there for a second as earlier today began to resurface in my thoughts..And how Alice was still a lurking issue… wonder if we can talk it up before meeting.. kinda get some tension off. Might as well give it a go.

Ed's Alice
Hi there, Alice.  It's Barbara Alexis. Hope I'm not bothering.

As I waited for a reply, I grabbed the luggage and took out my outfit I had packed incase we stayed the night. Which we did. My heart fluttered when it vibrated again.

Alice
Oh...Hey Barbara. No, not at all...Um, sorry I couldn't make it to your Christmas party. Maybe we can plan something sometime soon?

I smiled.. maybe this can work out.

It's fine! I was actually about to ask you if you wanted to come to my  manager's surprise birthday party in California.  I can fly you over here if you'd like. I just.. kinda wanted to talk to you personally.

I sent the message and kinda regretted how desperate I sounded... but I was just so anxious to get an apology off of my chest, especially if Ed wasn't going to.

I sighed, quickly stripping my clothes and put on my fresh outfit.

"Well this is quite a lovely sight to wake up to," a low chuckle made me jump as I held  my tights from my ankles.

I turned around to find Ed stretching his arms out, despite the IVs on his hands, his gaze on my bum.

"Morning, babe. How do you feel?" I slid my tights up, letting a blush escape my cheeks.

“I’m okay, my chest still hurts though. I hope this goes away quickly, I have promos in a few weeks,” he mumbled to himself, grabbing a tissue besides the bedside to blow his nose.

I shuffled to the stand that held his medication, took out his water and passed the pills to him.

“I could have gotten up, ya know. It’s like two feet away,” he chuckled, grabbing the medication from my hand. I shrugged, watching him take his antibiotics.

“Yeah, sorry,” I furrowed his orange hair playfully, walking back to my seat when my phone vibrated.

“Don’t apologize, darling. It’s a blessing to know you’ll make a great mother one day,” he said cheekily. I rolled my eyes, not even wanting to think of having a child any time soon.

I went back to my phone, hoping it’d be Alice, but I slumped my shoulders when it was Stuart, who told me to tell Ed to turn on his phone.

“Hey babe. Stuart said he’s flying over here from the UK and to turn on your phone,” I said blankly as I refreshed my messages, still no reply from Alice.

“Oh okay. Tell him to send over some Nandos, I'm starving” he laughed, reaching into his pocket for his phone. I looked up at Ed and stood up.

“I’ll go head out and bring some brunch, anything specific in mind, my love?” I set my phone on the counter.

“I’m craving a hamburger, heard they make some good ones here in Cali,” he smirked, looking down as his phone lit up.

I laughed, crossing my arms by the door.

“I’m pretty sure you can’t eat hamburgers, unless you want to suffocate yourself, and go into an agonizing length of time with severe chest pain,” I furrowed my eyebrows at the thought of him in pain. His blues eyes rethought the idea, and agreed.

“Maybe a smoothie, heard they make good ones here in Cali,” he mocked, obviously being sarcastic.

“Stop patronizing, Ed. I’m going to go get you a smoothie, be right back,” I opened the door, surprised to find them almost empty. Usually be towered with fans, but then again.. It’s California, they seem to be used to this kind of stuff.

I went into a nearby bakery, buying myself a small yogurt as I waited for our smoothies across the street. I started freaking out when I couldn’t find my phone, and I rushed back to the hospital with our stuff.

I hurried back into the room, setting down the smoothies before I began to silently search the room.

"Please tell me I left my phone here," I breathed.

I passed Ed his smoothie frantically so I continue searching, and his barely audible thank you sent my gaze up to him.

His blue eyes looked upset, his lips pursed.

"You've been talking to Alice? " his voice seemed uneven, a little disapointment in his tone.

He rose my phone to my face and I read the text on the lockscreen. I gulped at the text

(1) New Message
Alice
Thank you. Umm, but will Ed be there? I'd actually want to talk to him, too. I know what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it alot....

I remained silent... my heart thumping in my chest.. Clueless on what to say.

"Barbara, what are you trying to do?" he asked a little more aggressively. His anger obviously noticeable as his face reddened.

Shit. He found out.