Last Chance

Barbara POV:

"I regret coming." I groaned as my limo came to a halt, yet it still  shook with the roaring of the crowd outside.

"Just do it, and if you don't enjoy yourself tonight, I promise you that you can go back to isolation; you can retire; I'll retire; you can close yourself off to the world; whatever you want, alright?" Paul sighed as he looked outside.

I rolled my eyes, " You know I don't want that, Paul," I replied as I stood closer to the door, holding onto the handle.

"Then enjoy yourself," he said before he opened his door, the crowd instantly drowning out any type of silence there was.

I took one last breath and let his words sink in before I stepped out onto the red carpet.

The lights were blinding again, and I had a hard time walking through. Someone quickly grabbed my hand , tugging me in another direction, and I was ready to scream, before I looked to see who it was.

It was Ed.

Ed POV:

"Barbara," I breathed as I pulled her closer to me, away from the crowds and cameras that seem to have dazed her. She looked amazing. She looked more than amazing, she looked beautiful. But it didn't quite match her eyes.

You see, when her eyes met mine, she froze for a good second, and I couldn't make out what her expression was about.

"E-Ed, I thought you..." I couldn't hear the rest of what she was saying, since she spoke so low. What happened to her loud, happy voice?

"What?" I said as I waved for us to walk more closely into the building. She hesitantly followed, her gaze  nervously jumping back and forth from me to the ground.

I- I thought you weren't going to make it," she barely whispered to me once we were inside.

I smiled slightly as I shrugged.

" I mean, it's the Grammys, of course I'm going to be here. Plus, I wouldn't miss an opportunity to see my girlfriend, " I reached to peck her lips, but she turned slightly to the point where I barely skimmed the outline of her mouth.

I pulled back, hurt.

She was looking below my lips, at my neck.

"Where's your necklace?" She asked curiously. I nearly blushed at the fact that she noticed.

"Oh, um, I put it away," I blurted in a way that must've seemed so freaking stupid. I suck at this.

Her eyebrow rose and she grimaced ever so slightly.  She stood for a second before she snapped back to me, erasing any type of emotion she had shown just now.

"We should get inside; it's about to start," she said with a faint smile. I nodded and followed her into our designated seats. 

I could tell it bothered her... And I wish I could reassure her that I'm not giving up just yet.

This was my last attempt...

I looked down at my dress pants, the bulge sticking out like nothing... And no, not a boner... But the box. The box that held Barbara's ring, that I had designed to fit onto another set of diamonds, another set of meanings.... I want to marry her and I hope to god she says yes.

AUTHORS NOTE:

OKAY GUYS HERES THIS. I KNOW ITS BEEN FOREVER AND IM SORRY BUT I HAVE TO FINISH THIS BOOK. I HAVE TO! I JUST FINISHED MY FIRST SEMESTER OF UNIVERSITY  ( I took a semester break after graduating highschool to find myself)

AND IVE BEEN BUSY BUT ITS SUMMER AND IM GOING TO FINISH THIS OKAY! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

-Y