messed up.

*Danny's POV*

"Shiiit." Mark says under his breath as I finish telling my best mates why I am in such a mess.

"It was me." I finish off to them, looking down at my hands and twirling my brass ring round and round my finger. My hands have suddenly gone all clammy and I can feel my heart thumping under my denim jacket.

"I killed Noah."

Those three words just stun them both into silence. So silent that you could hear my heart drumming in my chest like elephants feet trampling on the jungle floor. It feels like I'm about to explode with the tension in this room, I could cut the anticipation with a knife.

Their eyes are full of sympathy. Sympathy which I don't want.

"Don't pity me." I spit out before either of them can say anything.

"What you gonna do Dan?" Mark says softly and Glen gives me questioning eyes.

I put my head in my hands and run my hands thought my hair roughly. I need help desperately.

"I don't know." I just say.

"Right Dan. Drink yer tea." Glen commands and I pick up the mug and down the rest of the tea in one mouthful.

"Right." Mark begins.

"First of all does Willow have any idea at all that this has happened?" He asks.

"No." I say sullenly.

"Have you acted upset at all around her recently?" Glen says.

"No."

"Does she suspect anything?"

"I don't think so."

"Yes or no?"

"No."

"Has she been upset at all?"

"Yea she keeps thinking of him. I guess the party and the smell of alcohol didn't really help."

"Oh god." Mark begins but Glen nudges him and glares at his 'no hope' attitude.

"We can sort this out Dan. It just needs unravelling that's all. Like a ball of string all knotted up."

"What so yer comparing me to a manky old ball of string. Gee thanks." I say grumpily to Glen. Mark splutters with laughter but covers his mouth when Glen nudges him even harder this time.

"Dan the only way you're gonna get through this is by believing in yourself."

"You don't understand" I grit my teeth.

"Don't say that." Glen snaps. "Danny face up to it man. It's all gonna get even worse if ye don't okay." His matter of fact tone brings me back to reality. I need to act upon it before it's too late.

"So what do I do then? Any fantastic ideas?" I say sarcastically, my anger is bubbling up inside me and beginning to take advantage of me. I'm in that mood where the slightest thing annoys me. Even my best mates are beginning to piss me off. Stay calm Dan. Breathe.

"You need to tell her." Mark says slowly.

"But she might leave me? She'll hate me! I killed her brother for gods sake!" I shout, banging my fist down on the table.

"Dan calm down." Glen says to me but I don't listen. I get up from my seat and walk around the kitchen ranting to the world about how bad the situation is for me.

"OKAY SO YOU WANT ME TO BREAK UP WITH HER. TELLING HER BASICALLY THAT I KILLED HER BROTHER. WHAT'S SHE GONNA SAY TO THAT? 'OH YEAH SURE DAN THAT'S FINE I STILL LOVE YOU' NO SHE'S PROBABLY GONNA LEAVE ME AND I'LL BE LEFT BROKEN HEARTED. I LOVE HER TOO MUCH TO TELL HER. I CAN'T DO THIS. IT'S ALL TOO MUCH." I lean my head against the wall and hammer my fists against it.

Mark gets up from the table and walks over to me and pulls me roughly into a hug.

"Mate I know you think you're in the worse situation on this fucking planet right not but time will heal everything. Just remember that you are part of the Script and the Script can do anything."

"Anything," Glen echoes and stands next to me.

"When do I tell her?" I half whisper half choke.

"As soon as you can," Glen says but Mark shakes his head.

"Tell her when the moment comes to tell her. Don't tell her right now because she's in too much pain."

"But won't leaving it make it worse?" I ponder aloud.

"Just don't leave it too late." Glen says shortly.

"Thanks guys. You've helped a lot."

"We're your best mates ye noodle. We're meant to help you!" Mark says chuckling and we group hug. We are The Script and at this moment these two guys mean more to me than anyone else. They have been through with me thick and thin, always helped out and never let go even when I have lost my mind.

"Think about what you're father would have said Dan." Mark says softly. "That's what I do if I'm in need of help." My heart aches. If only Dad was hear to talk. He would have known what to do. He knew what to do about everything. God bless ye.

I just nod and squeeze out a smile. If Mark can be strong with his Dad then so can I. For the sake of Willow. For the sake of The Script.

=•=•=•=•=•=

Hey'all.

What do you think? Quite like this chapter. Shows how Dannys feeling. When will he tell her? Ooohhhhhhhhh. Tension is building up haha:) this chapter is dedicated to all my Scripty besties and whoever is reading and voting for this book. ily all!

R 🍀🍀