Breakeven

*Danny's POV*

I hold Willow close in my arms and run my fingers through her mane of auburn curls. She sighs softly, snuggling closer to my body and I smile into her hair. She smells of vanilla and honey, and reminds me of long lazy summer days. Those days which you wish went on forever.

After for what seems like years, Willow pulls away and looks at me, a long, searching and intense gaze that almost takes my breath away. I hold her innocent eyes in mine and she sadly smiles at me, her cheeks blushing timidly.

She gets up from the sofa and walks over to where the guitars are standing. My eyes follow her as she runs her hands over the smooth glossy woodwork. Carefully she lifts my guitar off the stand and strums a few random chords with her back turned to me, staring out of the huge window which overlooks the whole of Dublin city. Her waist length red curls fall onto her back like waves of fire and I have to fight against my urge to run over to her and run my fingers through her hair once again.

I close my eyes, as her calming strumming makes me realise how tired I really am.

I suddenly hear the soft familiar chords being strummed and a smile tugs at my mouth. I think I know what's coming next.

Willow starts to sing.

"I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing.

Just prayed to a God that I don't believe it.

Cos I got time while she got freedom, cos when a heart breaks no it don't breakeven."

Her lilting melodic voice plays in my mind as she strums out the tune that I know so well. She seems to transform the song into something utterly entrancing and beautiful.

I think her voice is one of the most angelic voices that I have ever heard in my life.

Willows back is still turned to the window and I silently lift myself of the sofa and make my way over to her, standing beside her and following her gaze out of the window to Dublin. My home.

She strums the chords lining up to the next verse and I open my mouth to sing:

"Her best days will be some of my worst.

She finally met a man that's gonna put her first.

While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping"

Willow softly harmonises over me and prickly goosebumps run down my arm because our voices just sound so pure together. It's cheesy I know, but it's as if they are made for one another. We join together as we sing the rest of the verse.

"Cos when a heart breaks no it don't break even even no."

I then position myself so that I'm standing right in front of Willow, blocking her view out of the window so that she is looking straight at me.

"What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you? What am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up but you're okay? I'm falling to pieces yeah I'm falling to pieces." We sing the chorus together, Willow at an octave higher, whilst looking deep into each others eyes. We can feel the passion and the pain and the hurt through this song, just by looking at each others eyes.

"They say bad things happen for a reason

But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding

Cos she's moved on while I'm still breathing

Cos when a heart breaks no it don't break even no"

**

I become so caught up in the moment between Willow and I during the song, that I don't notice a drum being started up in the background and an electric guitar accompanying us. We sing on, oblivious to all surroundings and the spark of hope enlightens my heart, giving me shivers of pleasure and sending sparks of electricity through my body. This is incredible.

**

The song draws to an end and the drumming quietens. Willows fingers slide off the guitar strings and our eyes meet again. Utter astonishment jolts through me. How could a song sound so good? God this girl is amazing.

Quiet clapping breaks the bubble between Willow and I, and we spin around, unaware of anyone else in the room.

Mark and Glen are standing behind us with goofy grins plastered over their faces applauding us for our duet.

"That was..." Glen begins.

"Sick" Mark breathes.

"That was awesome. Our voices really complement each other Dan." Willow smiles. "And I loved the accompaniments," she smiles, looking at Glen and Mark, who return her smile.

"I have something to say." Mark says sheepishly.

"What's up?" I say, play punching him on the shoulder.

"Sorry for being a twat earlier on."

"It's quite alright Marky boy" I laugh cuffing him again.

"Ugh thank God that was over. I hate saying sorry to you, it makes me feel like I owe you."

"Well ya do" I reply, laughing at him. Mark punches me back grinning, and Glen smiles.

"So your names Willow right" Glen checks.

"Yeah" Willow twirls a strand of her shiny hair around her finger and my heart melts.

"Cool, nice name" Mark grins.

"You have a beautiful voice," Glen complements.

"Sorry about earlier on." Mark apologises.

"It's fine seriously," Willow chuckles and puts the guitar back on it's stand.

"How long have you been playing?" I ask her wonderingly.

"Since I was ten." Willow replies. "Playing my guitar is my escape from the real world. My escape to a world where everything's perfect and no one gets hurt. I guess music gets me through life you know?"

Of course we know. We are the Script and live by exactly the same motto. Music for the heart head and feet is soldering on, self belief and achieving your dream.

I smile at her letting her know that we understand. I never knew that she had so much passion for music but now that I do, it makes me love her even more.

A/N

Hey guys! Happy Wednesday:)

How's y'all? Thankyou so much for all the support I'm getting, it really motivates me to write the story! Please keep commenting and voting! How has everyone's weeks been? Mines been super dull cos I have been having exams allllll week. It's also been super rainy! There are HUGE floods where I am and loads of schools have been closed and stuff! There was a massive oak tree which got blew over at the end of my road so we had to walk home in the horrible wet weather. Great fun hahah. The city where I live is literally all underwater. It's so exciting! I love drama hahah;)

Anyway... Keep voting and commenting.

Love y'all

R🍀🍀🍀