This = Love

*Willows POV*

The car suddenly pulls in and Danny switches off the engine. I can smell a saltiness in the air and hear seagulls cawing to each other in the skies. Wait.. Am I where I think I am? The scarf slides off from around my face and I open my eyes. I gasp as I take in the surroundings, so I wasn't wrong. Danny had taken me to the beach! Creamy sand stretches out ahead of me and I can see the sea glistening in the distance, a shimmering turquoise blue. The beach isn't a public beach, it's a secret beach, a little alcove hidden by the cliff. It's just perfect.

"So..?" Danny questions looking at me.

"Oh Danny... It's beautiful!" I manage to say. "It's just stunning! Where did you find this place? Its like we have our own private beach all to ourselves!"

"My dad used to bring me here. He said the beach was the best place to go when you need time to think. He passed away a four years ago." Danny says softly looking down.

I just squeeze his hand tight and that gesture seems to be worth more than awkward comforting words that can be meaningless. Sometimes silence means more than words.

Danny puts on a brave face.

"Come on then! Race you to the beach!"

We sprint to the sand and Danny obviously wins, his face smiles in the sunlight, eyes twinkling in the August light.

Danny runs over to me and scoops me up in a firemans lift, running around the beach like a lunatic. I scream with laughter "WOOOOOOOO!!" I scream into the sky. The air rushes past me as Danny drops me into the sand and the world revolves around me and I try to overcome my dizziness. Dan flops down beside me and we make sand angels. Danny holds my hand tight so the angels are entwined. Cute.

The sun beats down on us and I start to feel sweaty.

"It's so hottt" I say.

"Fancy a dip in the sea?" Danny asks me with a wink. My heart leaps with excitement.

"Yeah," I breathe, my eyes wide. "Oh but I have nothing to wear, I'm not wearing my dungarees in the sea!" "That's why I came prepared!" Danny shouts, running off to the car.

He returns with one of his T-shirts. "Wear this over your panties!" Danny says chucking me the t-shirt.

*Dannys POV*

I turn away to allow Willow to have some privacy to get changed.

"Don't look!" Willow calls. Don't look Dan, don't you dare! I mutter to myself, I don't want Willow to run off again.

"Ready!" I hear Willow shout excitedly. I swivel around in my trunks. Damn she looked hot. Too hot. Her red hair fell in loose waves over my t-shirt, reaching down to her hips. My t-shirt fell down to her mid thighs and her pale skinny legs looked so toned. Willow looks uncertain and tries to tug the t-shirt down even further.

I hold out my hand and she takes it, we sprint down the sea together. "Last one in is a rotten tomato!" I hear Willow shout over the sea wind, and I laugh at her childishness, racing her into the water. Willow wins and dives gracefully into the lapping waves, I follow suit.

Willows head bobs up beside me and I splutter out the salty water.

"Urghr pehhh-" I try to spit out the water.

Willow giggles but then does the same. The sea is so warm! I lie back in the water, sculling to keep myself upright whist looking into the crystal clear sky. Willow pulls my legs and I duck under the water, swallowing a whole new load of salty water.

"You- pehhhh- little-" I splutter whilst trying to grab Willows legs, but she darts away laughing. I finally grab one of her long skinny legs and pull it towards me.