memories from the past

*Dannys POV*

"Yeahhhhh, woooppp!" I shout, with a bottle of vodka in my hand. I'm dancing along with a random load of people who I've never met before but they seem awesome. Mark and I are dancing along with these group of girls who are damn right hot. But no way near as hot as Willow. Wait.. Willow? Where is she?

I stop dancing but the music carries on blaring through the house, deafening my ears. Willow where are you? Images swirl through my head. I haven't seen her for ages.. Has she left? Oh God. Mark slings his arm over my shoulders and drunkily tries to make me carry on dancing. Drunk as I am, I shake him off.

"Marrrrk," I swig down some more drink. Oh this is good.

"Daan," Mark replies, his ginger beard is ruffled and his bloodshot eyes blearily look at me.

"Shit, Mark. Where is Willow?" I throw my bottle down and shake Marks shoulders to make him answer me.

"D'ya know where she is?" I say, my voice ringing though my eyes. Willow. Willow. Willow.

"D'YA KNOW?" I shout, the drink causes anger to build up inside me and I feel so cross with myself for forgetting about her. Where is she? Where?

"Calm the shit down Dannny boy.." Mark sways on his feet.

"Just partyyy," and he grabs a random girl and starts dancing furiously with her.

God. Why did I even come to this party anyway? I need to get rid off the blurryness of the surroundings and wake up reality.

I rush to the toilets and slosh my face with ice cold water to wake my senses up. Think Danny think. Where is she? The icy water on my overheated sweath skin seems to wake my senses up a bit as I suddenly remember how the last thing I asked her was 'what do ye want to drink?"

•••

*Willows POV*

I turn the doorknob in my clammy hands and force open the door. I step outside and I instantly feel much better. I inhale the cold fresh air which feels so much more cleaner than the closed heated air in the house. Inhaling deeply, I try to clear my head as I walk slowly down the garden path and into Bens garden. I walk over towards to garden bench and sit myself down upon it. I fling off my stilettos onto the dewy grass and wrap my arms tightly around my bare legs to gain some body warmth. The crescent moon gently shines down upon me so am vaguely able too see my surroundings. I feel lonely, isolated, alone. What am I doing here? I don't belong in loud unruly places like these. It's not me. I huddle my legs closer to me to escape from the icy wind blowing through the trees.

Images of Mum and Dad flood my mind. What would they do if they saw me here? At a party? Doing what Noah used to do.. They'd be so angry. And ashamed to say the least. I hate letting people down, but at the time I was so angry, I needed to get away.

Pushing the nagging images of Danny away, I think about Mum. I miss her. I really do. I wanted to make her proud and well.. I didn't. Maybe I should go back to her? But then I think of Danny.

His comforting brown eyes, his sense of humour, his love, his kisses. I smile when I remember the jokes he has told me, the promises we have made, the memories we have spent together. I can't leave him can I? So he is more important in your life than your mother? A voice says cruelly in my head. Your own mother?

I hug my knees and rest my face upon them. I am so full of anxiety and worry. I have no idea what to do. What shall I do? I can't have the best of both worlds. Can I?

The strong smell of alcohol winds itself around the house and drifts up my nose. Just the smell of it makes me want to run away. Because of the memories. The pain. The loss. Noah.

My big brother who meant the world to me. The big brother who stood up for me and fought for me. The big brother who gave me piggybacks to school, money to buy myself something special, hugs to tell you that everything's going to be alright.

Memories well upside me, memories which I can never forget even if I try.

As soon as Noah died, Mum and Dad tried to forget about it. Noah was their favorite child, the bright child who wasnt afraid to argue. They were proud of him. When he was alive, beside him I felt so insignificant. But I didn't even care because I loved him. They never spoke of him after he died.

Whenever I spoke of him, Dad shouted at me to be quiet and Mum would just start crying and leave the room. It was easier that way for them, just to push the past behind them and act like nothing happened. But it was harder for me. I loved Noah more than anyone else did. He was my role model, my inspiration in life. I wanted to be exactly like him. Without him by my side I felt lost and alone.

I never actually knew exactly what happened on the night he was killed. Dad just told me he was killed in a car crash. I vividly remember sitting in the back of the car with mum and dad on the way to hospital. Where are we going Dad? I asked over and over again. Dad just said that Noah was in trouble and left it like that... At ten years old I didn't understand. I didn't know about heartbreak, about sorrow and pain. When Dad told me that Noah was dead I just couldn't believe it. What do you mean? I kept asking him. He can't be dead I only saw him yesterday? Reality only sank in when I didn't see him again. A sly question has continually haunted my mind ever since. Who killed him in the carcrash? Dad told me it was an accident but was it really?

I roughly wipe my eyes and push away my tears. I need to stop thinking about the past. It's worming into me, taking me away and pulling me apart slowly but with full of force.

Music is still uncontrollable blaring out through the windows and my head pounds like bass drum. I need to find Danny.. I shakily lift my legs off the bench and buckle my heels back on. I wipe under my eyes to find them smeared with black streaks. Great. I let out a sight of annoyance, stop crying Willow. Get a grip. I lick my finger and try my best to wipe the mascara off as best as I can, before pulling myself together and heading back into the party house with images of Noah still staining my mind.

=•=•=•=•=

A/N

He y'all.

Emotional chapter. Its a chapter where Willow thinks about the past, it was fairly hard to write this because I wanted to portray to you her stream of consciousness which was running through her mind and how she really felt.

Hope you are all having a good Monday. Have a nice rest of the week. Quite proud of myself for updating earlier than I though I would haha:)

Comment what you think? It makes me happy:)

Vote plssss ily!

Rose 🍀