guilt

*Dans POV*

I just sit there in bed. Frozen. Quite literally. Willows head is still bent over her hands and realisation suddenly hits me hard. I haven't told her that it was me. What am I going to do? Oh my fucking god. Why does it have to be Willows brother of all people? Why God? Just why?

Willows body is trembling under the covers and her legs are shaking. She's crying as I can hear her snuffling through her hands. I gently put my hand on her back and rub it softly. I don't know what to do. I honestly don't. Do I tell her?

You have to Dan. You have no choice, my subconscious tells me. Tell her. Make her understand.

Willow finally lifts her face up from her hands. Her eyelashes are spiked with tears and her ocean green eyes are red and sore. Her hair is stuck up and plastered over her face from her wet salty cheeks. Her nose is red and her eyes are just brimming with pools of sadness.

My heart is breaking. I feel like I am being broken up into insignificant pieces that don't mean anything. A searing pain cuts through my heart. I can't bear to see her like this- distraught and full of anxiety. It makes me feel guilty and angry. Not angry with her of course but with myself. I just wish I had a time machine and could demolish that night. Make it not happen. She's distraught as it is, telling her that it was me who killed Noah is going to make it all even worse...

I need to talk to Glen and Mark about this, I can't cope anymore. It's quite literally stressing me out and squashing me down.

Just seeing the person who I love so much right in front of my eyes distraught with sadness and knowing that you're the one who has caused her pain makes me feel nauseous and sick down to my stomach.

"I love you." I just whisper, my mouth parting the three simple words which have I have never meant so much to anyone in my life.

"I love you too Dan." Willow innocently whispers back and leans into me, snuggling against my chest.

I feel wrecked. It would be better if she was angry at me. Hearing her say 'I love you' back made me want to rip myself apart.

She doesn't know.

She doesn't know.

She doesn't know.

I stare at the wall for a good twenty minutes. My back is still propped up against the bed rest and Willow has fallen asleep on me, her small chest moving up and down rhythmically.

A plan slowly begins to knit together in my mind and I nod to myself. Lets do this.

I cautiously ease Willow off me and onto the bed trying as hard as I can not to wake her up.

"Danny?" She mumbles in her sleep, her eyelids flickering. Shit.

"Shhhhh babe," I kiss her forehead softly and lie her onto the bed, tucking the duvet around her like a cocoon. I fling on a tshirt and change from my black skinnies into some trackies. That's better, my legs can now breathe.

I tiptoe out of the bedroom and as quietly as I can, I close the door gently behind me. Walking into the kitchen, I grab some paper and guiltily scrawl a quick message to Willow to let her know where I am if she suddenly wakes up to find that she's all alone.

~Babe. I'm at Glens okay. Here's my mobile if you want to ring Glens home. Ill be back soon. I love you, D x~

Slinging on my leather jacket and pulling on my leather docs, I grab my keys and pull the front door and close it quietly behind me.

***

"Glen!" I shout banging on the door and ringing the bell at the same time. Noone answers.

"GLEN!" I shout again to hear no sounds of movement coming from inside the house.

"GLEN POWER ARE YE IN?" I shout through the letterbox and I finally begin to hear two sets of feet making their way to the door. Come on Glen.

"Jesus fucking Christ Dan." I hear as hear Glen mumble as he fiddles with the door lock.

"Thanks for the wake up Dan," I hear Mark groan as the door finally opens. Glen and Mark are standing there with just their boxers on looking half asleep.

"Ye took your time," I say to them.

"Maybe that's because we were asleep?" Mark says grumpily.

"I feel awful. My head is killing me." Glen states as he scratches his neck.

"Same." Mark and I say simultaneously and then grin at each other.

"Guys I need your help." I say as I walk into the flat and lean on the door, closing it as I do so.

"Wanna cuppa?" Mark says and I nod gratefully.

"Yeah please," I say realising how much I'm in need for a good cup of tea.

My head is pounding again. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. My heart is wrecked with guilt and my eyes start to pinch. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. I frown as I remember Willow at home all by herself. Oh God.

"Ye alright Dan?" Glen looks at me concerned and I swipe my arm roughly over my eyes.

"Oh God," are the only words uttered from my my mouth.

"Come on Dan." Glen loosely drapes his arm over my shoulder and guides me into the kitchen where the three of us sit at the table.

The kettle boils and Mark gets up to make three mugs of tea.

"So Dan what's up?" Mark says swirling the tea bags in the boiling hot water.

"Where's Willow?" Glen questions me.

"I feel so bad." I state and the two of them look at me quizzically.

"Explain." Mark says as he hands the steaming mugs out. I gulp down a mouthful and instantly feel a little bit better. The wonders of tea.

And I start.

"So basically.."

=•=•=•=•=•=•=

HEY'ALL

OMG THANKS FOR THE 1.1K READS WOWOWOW WHEN THIS BOOK GOT 1K READS I LITERALLY SCREAMED OUT LOUD WITH HAPPINESS. LETS JUST SAY IT MADE MY DAY OMG YAYAY!

hahahahaah okay so thankyou so much! Ugh I'm so annoyed! I wrote this chapter out then wattpad decided to be a pain in the arse and delete it. Thanks for that wattpad. I had to write it all out again bleeughhh.

Anyway what do you think idk?

Vote•Comment•Reread

ily!

Rose 🍀🍀