Chapter 23

I woke up to yelling. I groaned, thinking it was my brothers, but it wasn't. There was a girl's voice. I sighed and got out of bed and put on a Team 10 sweatshirt with some sweatpants. I really didn't want to get dressed so I just put something comfy on. I walked out my room to see a blonde girl and a dark haired boy arguing. I couldn't see their faces but they kind of looked familiar. I just shrugged it off and went back into my room. I looked at the time and saw that it was 7 in the morning so I decided to get dressed. It is freezing cold here in Ohio so I put on a white sweater with a reindeer on it, black leggings, a green fuzzy coat, my brown uggs, a grey beanie, and my tan gloves. I did not want to feel any coldness today. I walked out, grabbing my purse and room key, and walked to my brothers' door. The girl and guy were still arguing while I knocked on the door twice. Jake opened it up and let me in.

"Hey little sis. Did you see your surprise?" Logan asked when he saw me.

I looked at him confused.

"What surprise?" I asked him.

He looked behind me and looked at Jake. I turned around and Jake quickly put his hands down. I was now really confused.

"Sorry, they must have not set it up yet. You'll just have to wait now, wondering what it is." He said and I could tell he was just making that up.

"Alright, whatever you say." I told him.

I sat down on one of the beds and waited for them to be ready.

"Are you all packed and stuff?" Jake asked.

"All packed and ready to go." I said.

"Alright, why don't you go to your room and grab your bag. We are going to be leaving right away." Jake told me.

"Cool, so you will knock on my door when you guys are all done getting ready?" I asked to clarify.

"Exactly." Jake said.

I smiled before leaving their room and going into my own. I grabbed my suitcase and put it at the door and made sure I had gotten everything. I went on my phone and started playing a few games I had on there. After a couple of minutes there was a knock on my door. I got up and opened the door, not looking at who was there and grabbed my bag. The person walked in the room and I looked at their shoes and could tell that it wasn't one of my brothers, nor a guy. This person had heels on and nicely shaved legs. I looked up and there stood my best friend, Alissa Violet. I screamed before pulling her in for a hug. It was a very tight bear hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Well, I need to come home for the holidays so I decided to call Jake and he said to surprise you. So, here I am." She said.

I laughed a bit while hugging her. After a few moments we let go and we sit down on the bed.

"So you are my surprise?" I asked her.

She was about to say something but someone cut her off.

"She isn't the only surprise." The person said.

I had my back to the door so I couldn't see who it was until I turned around. I was frozen for a moment before realizing that I wasn't moving. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

"I've missed you Charlotte Paul." He mumbled in my ear.

"I've missed you too Marcus Dobre. " I whispered.

I smiled happily as we stood there for a while. Then someone cleared their throat which made us pull away.

"Watch it Dobre." Jake said, walking through the door.