Chapter 17

*Charlotte's POV*

I was now in a hospital bed. I looked to my right and looked at Jake and Tristan talking to a doctor. I then looked to my left and saw Kade, Stan, Tessa, Alissa, Neels, Aj, and Alex talking. I sighed, bored. Kade called Marcus already and he was happy that I was alive. I knew that he was upset of what happened. I am actually really ashamed of myself for attempting to not only kill myself, but my brother too. Maybe I just need to get away from everything. Take a break from the social media and youtube for a little bit. I think I just need time to myself and ignore everything that will bring me back to the state I am in. I hate being in the hospital with all these needles being hooked up to me.

"Charlotte, would you like something to eat?" The nurse asked me.

"No thank you." I said to her.

Jake came up to me.

"Yes, actually she would." He said.

"Jake, I'm not hungry." I told him.

"I don't care. Your body needs food." He said.

The nurse was just looked at us weird then left to get the food. I sighed and rested my head against the bed again.

"I hate being here." I mumbled.

"I know. I'm sorry that you have to." He apologized.

I was silent and then he continued to talk.

"If I didn't pull on the wheel, the buggy wouldn't have flipped over and you wouldn't be laying in this hospital bed." He had his head hung low.

"Jake, if you didn't turn it around, you both would be dead. It isn't your fault. It isn't either of your guys' faults. It could have been a lot worse." Kade said, coming over to my bed.

"But it's all my fault. If I didn't start going faster, none of this would have happened. All of this is my fault." I said.

That had gotten everyone's attention. They all gathered around the bed. They all kept saying things like "it's not your fault" and "it could have been worse". But it was my fault.

"Can I talk to my brother guys?" I asked everyone.

Everyone left, but Jake. He just sat down in a chair by the bed.

"I'm thinking about taking a break from social media and youtube." I told him.

He was shocked that I said that.

"Well, I'll take over until you come back." He said.

"You don't need to do that." I said.

"Yes I do. This is your job. You get paid for doing this, so I can post something every week for you. Like Vine compilations or Musical.ly or stuff like that. I don't want you to lose all your subscribers and stuff." He held my hand.

"Thank you." I smiled. "Thank you for understanding."

"Anytime sis!" He smiled back. "But are you thinking about moving out of the house?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm not sure. I don't really know. I feel like I just need to go somewhere, away from all the cameras in my face." I explained and he understood.

"I have an idea, but I'll be right back." He said, standing up.

Once he left, Alissa came into the room. She just sat next to me.

"Can we just talk about something about anything other than what happened today?" I asked her.

She smiled and nodded.