A Pokemon Adventure: ReWritten! (Watty Awards 2012) ~ Chapter 7

Welcome back, readers! Because this chapter is being written before the last one is up, I really have no clue if it recieved any feedback. But if you commented or voted (or better, both) last chapter, this chapter is dedicated to you! ALL OF YOU! YAY! :D

So tired...

Anyway. This chapter, I've got some plans. Well, actually I don't. Whatever.

Let's have a little clap for Chris and John!

I'm confusing myself. I no longer know who the main character is. I'm taking a poll! SERIOUSLY, A POLL! Which is your favourite, Chris or John? If you were to pick the main character in this book, who do you think it would be? HONESTLY? Answer one question, answer both. Etc. :D

You can make your descision after you've read this chapter.

---/Chapter Seven, Yay/---

"Here we are, Terrace City!" Chris held his free hand out to his right, his other holding a map.

"That's a tree stump," said John, feeling bored.

"Are you sure? It should be the gate to Terrace City..." Chris peered closer at the map.

"Oh boy." John looked at the map. "No wonder, it's upside down!"

"It is? But I thought North was supposed to point down."

"Actually, South points down, if you're looking at the map correctly." John turned around. "I think Terrace City is over there."

"Whatever you say." They walked off in the direction John had been pointing, and sure enough - they arrived in ten minutes.

"I guess I wasn't that far off," grinned Chris. "Only ten minutes away."

"And getting worse every step," muttered John.

They walked down a street to find themselves standing in front of a small bike shop. "Cool!" Chris' eyes lit up. "Let's go in!"

"Sigh. Whatever, the gym's somewhere over there anyway." John walked down the steps to the door, Chris having already entered. Bikes were everywhere, inside and outside. They lined the stairs, they hung from the ceiling, and if John didn't know it impossible, he'd swear that some suspended bikes in a corner could be climbed like a set of stairs, leading up to a second floor made entirely of bikes. But, of course, that would take a long time to construct. In fact, it would probably be impossible.

Chris was inspecting a nice, black, bike. It was a special type that could fold up and fit into a tiny space, and despite not being a bike person, John took a look as well. "These are pretty cool," he commented.

"Yeah, but check out that price tag."

"Wow, 10 000P. That's quite a -"

"No, John. It's cut off. It's actually 1 000 000P." Chris looked solemnly at the bike. "You shall never be mine."

"Er..." John was feeling faint. "Maybe they have sales?"

"Good idea," Chris said sarcastically. "I think I could afford it if it was about 999 000P off."

"You like the bike?" A deep voice came from behind them.

"Yeah," Chris said, turning to face the tall man who was apparently the owner of the bike shop. "A bit pricy, though."

"Yes, those bikes are. But all bikes here are pricy, in most people's opinions. I construct them from a special polymer woven steel. They won't break, scratch, or dent. Their paint will never wear, eiher. I'd do that for much less, if it weren't for the fact it takes about 100 000P just to obtain enough of the base material to make one of these bikes. The other 900 000P is because, er, it's complicated. Let's just say this stuff doesn't come cheap."