3- Just Another Peaceful (not) Walk Through a Forest

It wasn't long before we were on our way. We were planning on going straight through a forest, instead of following the marked trail as shown on our interesting map. It wouldn't be long before we arrived at the forest, named 'Throu Forest'.

We didn't ask anyone about the origin of the name, because it obviously meant 'Through Forest'. In other words, the ultimate short-cut.

Wonder why there isn't a path? Anyway, it wasn't long before we were deep in the forest.

'Thud!' a man fell out of the sky randomly and landed beside them.

"What the?" sputtered Dante.

The man, without a backward glance or a word of explanation, hurriedly stood up, brushed himself off, and ran back where Dante and I had came from.

Dante looked at me, and shrugged his shoulders. After a minute's deliberation, we continued our trek.

It wasn't long after that we came across a large clearing, bordering a lake shown on the map. About ten people with 'R's on their shirts were sending large water pokemon into the lake.

"Hey!" shouted one of them. "Intruder!!!"

He caught attention of all the other nine or so people.

"Do you know who we are!?" shouted one. "WE'RE TEAM ROCKET!!! And I don't know wherever you're from, but NO ONE MESSES WITH US!!!"

"Throh!" yelled one. "luckily this forest is... I mean, used to be, over populated with these strong pokemon! It didn't take long till we captured most, and they're really helpful when it comes to getting rid of intruders like you!"

Dante and I both pulled out out pokedexs. 'Throh, the Judo pokemon. The fighting type got it's name by it's love of defeating opponents by throwing them.'

"Use seismic toss!"

In that instant, both Dante and I realized instantaneously two things: one, it wasn't Through Forest, it was actually supposed to be Throh Forest. Also, we had made an awful mistake.

Dante snapped out of shock fist. The only way to stop the pokemon charging them....

"ChiCha!"

The flame monkey pokemon appeared. "Use tackle!"

The small pokemon charged at the red-skinned fighting pokemon. The under-trained pokemon known as Throh was pushed back.

"Bells! Take down!"

As soon as the beldum was released from the pokeball, it charged even quicker at the opposing pokemon. The Throh flew back into the lake.

[splash]

It didn't even take a moment's consideration. Dante and I were out of there in seconds.

"Hffff..." I panted, Dante leaning up against a tree beside me.

"I sure hope the shortcut was worth it," commented Dante.

"Yah," I agreed. I glanced up at the forest around me. "We were going that way, right?"

"I think so..."

We cotinued to walk through the large forest.

"Thro!" grunted a pokemon, jumping out from nowhere. I recognized the pokemon from earlier.

I guess they didn't manage to capture all the pokemon of the species.

"Bells! Take down."

The steel and psychic pokemon flew out of it's pokeball, and powerfully tackled the judo pokemon.

"Annnd... Pokeball!" I threw a pokeball at the strong-armed pokemon.

'Ding... Ding... Ding... CLICK."

"YES!" I shouted, and pumped my fist skyward. My first ever captured pokemon. I pulled out my pokedex. It seemed to be a couple levels stronger than Bells, so I knew it would be a useful acquaintance.

"Nice," said Dante. "So... How'd you do that?"

I looked at Dante, puzzled.

"Well... My parents never really let me get a pokemon... Or really learn anything about them. I had to break my window to get out of my house."

"Wow." I said, "that's even worse than my parents."

"Ha. Ya, my parents kinda were fine with it until I was about nine years old, the year I should have started learning." he gulped. "My older brother Gavin went missing that day, the day my poke-schooling should have started. Four years ago, I still remember it like yesterday. Ever since then, I just guess my parents kinda... Didn't want it to happen again, to me. They were scared. But ever since then, I wanted to be able to save my brother. When I was ten, I started vaguely hearing things about four super-strong trainers that made up something called the Elite Four. I also wanted to be one of them, whoever they were. It wasn't until I saw that poster till I knew who they totally were."

"Well," I said, getting back to the topic at hand, "to capture a pokemon, just throw a pokeball at it once you've weakened it."

"Sweet," said Dante. "That's awesome."

"But you can only carry six at a time. Don't know what happens when you capture a seventh, but I don't really want to risk it."

Dante nodded, then sped up his pace. I realized the same thing as him, that we were almost out of the forest. Finally, we had came to the next town. A blast of bright light met my eyes as I stepped out from dirt and rocks to pavement, and I flinched instinctively.

____End chapter 3____

Whoot! Three chapters already. Can't wait for some feedback.

_________________________