A Pokemon Adventure: ReWritten! (Watty Awards 2012) ~ Chapter 5

A Pokemon Adventure ReWritten! chapter five is here...

If one of my stories gets to chapter five, I consider it high in ranking... That reminds me, I should work on that story... Haha XD

So...

YEAH! CHAPTER FIVE!

In this chapter: ... ... ... ... Some plot... Bad puns... And some laughs...

So... YEAH! LET'S GO!

---/5/---

"Yawn..." John stretched, following Chris out of the pokemon center.

"Okay, John! Since you just received your pokemon, let's have a battle!"

"Yeah!"

Chris pulled out his two pokeballs.

"Eh, I'll go with... Starly!"

"In that case, not that I have any other choice, go..." John checked his pokedex quickly.

"Riolu!"

The two pokemon appeared, a bird-like pokemon facing off against a human-like small blue pokemon.

"Okay Riolu! Let's have you use... Uh... Quick attack!" John shoved his pokedex back into his pocket, waiting for the Riolu to use the move. It looked at him, blinking twice.

"RI!" The small, blue pokemon leapt at John, tackeling its trainer to the ground. "Ri."

"Ouch..." John held his hand, standing up. "What was that for?" He stared at the tiny pokemon.

"Ri?" The riolu blinked again, staring at him. It seemed to be weighed John up, peering at his face.

"Okay. One thing I know, is that pokemon aren't supposed to attack their trainers!" John exclaimed.

"RIght," John's pokedex beeped, and he looked at it for a moment. Could his pokedex somehow be making bad puns that don't even make sense? "RIolu, eh? Ya need some help? Well it costs five poke! If you don't poke-eh, I won't help, eh!"

"Wait... What?"

"Just joking, Johnny-boy! We got some information right here! Let's see. Riolu's are dumb, idiotic creatures that are almost always confused. Hm. That might explain something!"

"Did you just insult my pokemon?" John asked his pokedex, incredulous.

"Who, me?" The pokedex almost sounded incredulous. "I never! Oh, all right. It possibly has to do with that it was abused by an evil corporation, and hates all humans. Oh whoops, did I say that? Forget that. Let's see, there might be some real information in my data banks."

"Did you just..?" Chris stared at John's pokedex.

"Hack into the Pokemon Center's database, steal all information than cross-check it by hacking the Police's database as well? Nope. That wasn't me. An ordinary pokedex sure can't do that, and I definitely am an ordinary pokedex! I mean, I am sorry. The capability to hack is beyond my processers capabilities."

"Wait. What?"

"Repeat has been activated. Riolu do not trust humans until they prove themselves worthy of becoming aura partners." The pokedex sounded completely robotic, mechanical, without a trace of the being that seemed to have been in the pokedex less than a minute ago.

"Okay. One thing I know, is that pokedexs are NOT sentient!" Chris exclaimed.

John sighed. "Maybe we were hallucinating?"

"I don't think so."

John shrugged his shoulders, placing the pokedex back into his pocket.

"Heh... I totally put one over them!"