A Pokemon Adventure: ReWritten! (Watty Awards 2012) ~ Chapter 1

This is what you may think it is.

This is the... REWRITTEN A POKEMON ADVENTURE!!!

Yes.

My first book, A Pokemon Adventure (Chapter one) was released on January 5th, 2011 - Exactly one year ago.

This is not just it being edited.

This is more or less completely rewritten.

Have you read the other version, the one called "A Pokemon Adventure"?

Or is this your first take at the A Pokemon Adventure story?

Either way, welcome to the amazing tale of two young adventurers, John and Chris.

Disclaimer before I write anything more:

Pokemon is not owned by me. IT IS NOT OWNED BY ME. I claim no rights to pokemon. But this book is a product of hard work, and a long period of hard work, so I would like to claim rights to my characters, their personalities, the plotline, and everything else created by me.

Now. This is the FIRST book in a series that may have two or three.

Please enjoy.

And remember, this is different from the other version.

Quite different, in fact.

At the same time, though, the same.

Begin.

---/1/---

"Groan... What time is it?" the blonde-haired boy rolls over in bed, his droopy eyelids barely managing to recognize the digits on the digital clock beside his bed.

"Uh... Eight O'Clock? Ugh... wasn't there something happening today? Eh, no matter..."

Hardly even coming out of his slumber at all, the boy rolls over, and drifts off...

---/Somewhere Else/---

A boy, with dirty blonde hair and tired blue eyes, races down a deserted street.

"Hff..."

He finally stops, panting, in front of a house.

Now, if someone were to assess the house, the first word that may come to mind is weird. A better word, however, might be new. Or perfect.

The house looked like it had been made yesterday, with shining windows, polished siding, and a dusted porch. Completely perfect.

The boy sighs, as if this is nothing new to him, and walks up a few spotless steps to knock on the nearly new door, realizing (sadly, too late) that the paint is still fresh.

"Oh, come in, come in!" a voice yells from somewhere in the house, over the sound of a vaccum roaring loudly.

The boy rolls his eyes, and opens the door slowly. Then, remembering the urgency of the reason he was there, he kicks off his shoes and sprints up an uncluttered stairway and stands on a recently vaccumed rug, knocking another shiny door.

"Zzzz..." the sound of heavy snoring filters out from the cracks underneath the door, and the boy sighs.

He doesn't bother knocking, simply pushing open the door to shake his friend awake.

"Chris! Chris!! For Arceus' sake, WAKE UP!!!"

This, combined with four probably quite painful slaps, brought the boy back to conciousness.

"Huh..? What's going on..? John... Why are you in my room..? Could I go back to sleep, now..?"

John sighed. "No, Chris, you have to wake up! We're going to be late!!!"

"Huh..? Late..? For..." realization suddenly taking effect, the boys' eyelids snapped open as he practically leapt out of bed.

"Ack! We'll be late!!!"

He shakes John by his shoulders, who is still looking surprised that Chris had slept in his jeens and pokè-shirt.

Still shaking John by his shoulders, he yells into his friend's ear.

"C'mon, John! What are you doing just standing there like that!? WE'RE GONNA BE LAAAATE!!!! AHHH!" He then proceeded to rush past John, tripping down the stairs awkwardly but succeeding in reaching the bottom without receiving any serious injuries.

"Chris! You nearly scratched the floor!" His mother scolded him sternly, while simultaneously dusting the wall and vacuuming the floor.

"Sorry mom..."

She glanced at her watch, then franticly at the calendar mounted on the bottom of the stairs.

"Ack! Oh my! Company is coming and the house isn't three hundred percent perfect!! AAAAGGH!!!"

She pressed a button on the vaccum, tossed the brush onto a nearby table, and ran into the back of the house.

"Sigh..."

John walked quickly down the stairs.

"C'mon, John, hurry up!!!"

Chris stuffed on his shoes, and ran out of the house, John following quicky behind.

Now, he had been late to things before, Chris had. He would often be late for school. Late for  meetings with John. Pretty much late for just about everything. (Except dinner)

But today was, in fact, quite different from a day of school. Quite different from a day when he and John would just 'hang out' together.

Today was special.

Today was the day that they would both receive their first pokemon, having (somehow) graduated trainer school.

Well, if they weren't late, that is.

They sprinted down a steep hill, and went straight into a forest-like area. They had taken this route many a time before, when they were going to go to the Professor's Laboratory for training, and they were late. Sadly, while getting to the Professor's Laboratory the short way was easy, the way back was not so.

They reached the bottom of the incline, which led them into a nice grassy field bordering a large river, which eventually led into an ocean.

"Hfff... Well Chris... Hfff... That was a good... Hfff... Run... Hfff..."

"Yeah... Hfff... I think we... Hfff... Made a new... Hfff... Record..."

At the back of the grassy field, there was a nice cottage-like three story house, very plain and nice.

Right beside it there was a larger, one-story building that had a sign n it reading: 'Professor Jacob's Lab'.

The two boys grinned, and walked to the laboratory.

Without knocking, the panting boys entered the building, hopeful that they would each recieve a pokemon that day.

The partially bald Professor Jacob turned at their approach, and walked over to them.

"...A-hem. Hello, boys..." He seemed to be a little nervous.

"Professor... Can we get we get our pokemon!?" exclaimed Chris, excitedly.

"Well... I... Um... Well... Um... Uh..."

"C'mon, pleeeese!?"

"Uh..."

He walked to the side a little bit, and that was when John noticed five marble pedestrals, each one without a red-and-white sphere sitting on it, for which they were made.

"Professor..?"

End---/1/---End

Yes, that was the first chapter. Amazing, wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

Yeah yeah yeah...

Come back next time for A Pokemon Adventure: Re-written! chapter 2.