Training and Preparations

Chapter Seventeen ( Aria's POV)

I woke up to find Cayden  gone and a note with a flower in his place. Stretching I picked up the flower and smelt it. Smiling I picked up the note.

It Read:

Baby Girl,

Good morning. I wish I could be there when you woke up, but I had to go help my dad with arrangements. I hope you understand as future Alpha I need to be involved in these things. Don't be mad, but I have the guys taking turns staying with you, so don't freak out that Marc is outside the door.  Don't think of this as being baby sat. I love you and want to protect you. Mom has Chase, Anna and Rosie downstairs so don't worry about them. I will see you later for training.

With love,

Cay 

I tried not to be mad that he wanted to protect me, but it still irritated me. I am a big girl and things are going to happen that he can't  stop. Yes, last night was scarey and should not have happened, but it is not his fault and I don't need people looking after me. I hate how he has people taking time out of their day to make sure that no crazy hormonal unmated male attacks me again. Although part of me does find it sweet that he cares so much. 

I got out of bed and picked out an outfit today. It was summer and I didn't want to show to much skin after yesterday. I picked out a pair of knee length shorts and halter top that covered everything.

I went in and took a quick shower. I put on the clothes along with a pair of black gladiatior sandals. Then I blow dried my hair before throwing it up in a pony tale not  really caring what it looks like.

True to what he said Marc was standing out side of our room on look out. I started to walk down the hall and he followed.

" Do you have to follow me"

" Yes, Cayden's orders im sorry"

" Its not your fault, but I will be talking to him as soon as I can"

" Please don't be mad at him. He loves you and just wants to protect you as best as he can. So by having someone with you, he knows you are alright."

" I guess, but I am still talking to him. I will agree to it until the others leave. Once their gone, no more body guard."

" Ok where to"

" we are going to where ever the kids are I want to see them."

" Ok lead the way"

Nodding I continued to walk downstairs. In the living room was Susan holding Rosie and Anna was watching higgly town heros. Chase was playing with the toy soldiers Cayden got him. It was a picture perfect sight. The only thing that could make it better was if Cayden was there along with my parents. I feel awful I haven't really thought about my parents except at night. I miss them, but I know they wouldn't want me to dwell on it, they would want me to take care of Anna and move on with my life.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I walked over and sat on the couch next to Susan. She was playing peek-a-boo with Rosie who was giggling like it was the best thing in the world. She stopped playing and looked at me.

" Hey"

" Hi thanks for watching them this morning and last night. Cayden really should have woken me this morning"

" Its alright dear. I enjoy watching them there good kids and its better than being in the other room watching my mate stress and come up with a plan of action. They have been in their since five this morning. They want to come up with a plan and get this over with so the fighters can go back to  their families"