The Rogue on the Perimeter

A/N: I want to thank the people who voted for my Story and those who fanned me before starting this chapter.  ~ Paige

Chapter Nine ( Aria's POV)

We pulled up to the house and Cayden parked the car. Him and Olivia went to the back of the car and started grabbing bags while I helped Anna out of the car. I set her down and she clung to my leg as I went to the back to help grab bags. We walked in the house and saw a large crowd gathered in the living room. Setting down the bags and I picked up Anna, we went into the living room to see the pack doctor tending to someone. On the couch laid Brayden broke and bloodied. He was still breathing but you could tell there was a lot of damage done.

" what happened" Cayden demanded and everything became silent as the doctor continued to work on Brayden.

It was Alex with a few minor scratches and cuts who spoke " We were running the perimeter we caught rogues there and they attacked Brayden got hurt Max and I made it out with a few scratches. The doc thinks he will make it, but it will take time to heal" 

Cayden didn't say anything, but a look of determination crossed his face as he ran out of the pack house. I handed Anna to Olivia and said " watch her please" as me and Alex ran after him.  We caught up to him and he stopped and turned to me before saying " Go back I can't have you out there in danger"

" No how do you think you running after them makes me feel. I have already lost enough and I can't loose you so if you go I go we are a team its as simple as that" I said standing my ground. To my surprise he didn't argue and by this time more of the pack fighter had joined us. We all shifted and made our way to the woods. We smelt around trying to get a whiff of  a fresh scent. I kept up with the fast running males very well to my surprise. They were all surrounding me and I had no doubt that was Cayden's doing. 

We ran through the woods for what felt like hours, but in all reality it was only about fourty five minutes, when we caught the unfamiliar scents.  Within minutes we had found the source of the smell. In the clearing that Cayden had found me and Anna stood at least twenty rogues. Alert by our presence they took a defense stand bearing there teeth. Cayden and the rest of the pack males waisted no time going after the rogues. Within seconds a full blown fight had blown out.

Wolves fighting in every direction snapping their teeth at one another. Pay attention to the fight happening around me I  almost missed the wolf coming at me full force. Quickly moving to the side the wolf crashed into the tree behind that was behind me. He stood up quickly coming at me for the second time again I dodged him. however I sunk my teeth into his skin. I could taste his blood in my mouth and it made me sick to my stomach, but instead I kept my teeth lodged into his skin until I was thrown off. within seconds the wolf was pinning me down snapping at me with its teeth.  I closed my eyes thinking it was all over, when all of a sudden the wolf was off  of me. I opened my eyes to see the wolf dead with Cayden in wolf form standing over him.

I walked over to Cayden and nudged him with my nose showing him how greatful I was. Then Cayden and I turned our focus back to the fight that was surrounding us most of the rogues already dead. Non of the dead wolves on the ground were anyone I recognised from the pack. Another rogue came at me, but before I got the chance to react Cayden had him pinned and snapped his neck render him dead on the ground. As quickly as the fight started it was over. A few of the pack fighters were hurt, but they would heal. Nobody that had come with us was dead on the ground with all the rogues who had made the mistake of attack one of the pack members. 

Once we were done we ran back towards the pack house. However this time when we ran the males didn't surround me and I ran next to Cayden. He seemed to be ok now that the rogues have been dealt with.

When we reached the pack house Olivia was standing there with Anna and clothes for Cayden and me. I took them in my mouth and ran back into the woods. I shifted and slipped on the underwear, black tank top and shorts, I got today before walking back out to Olivia and Anna. Cayden was there already shifted and clothed. I walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around me.

" Thanks for saving me out there" I said

" Aria look at me" I looked up to see him with a serious expression on his face." I love you and will always be there to save you. Out there shouldn't have happened, I should have never let you go with us. I don't know what I would have done if I had lost you."

" I love you to and I didn't give you a choice and I won't give you a choice in the future either we are a team and where you go I go. I can't sit back and let you go fight and have to worry about you the entire time I'm not that type of girl."  I said.

" Aria-" he began to protest,but I cut him off by smashing my lips to his as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He Kissed me back instead of a hungry rough kiss like before this kiss was passionate like he was trying to prove how much he loved me. He pulled away first and I whimpered causing him to chuckle before resting his forehead against mine and closing his eyes. We stayed like that for a few minutes, just holding each other outside of the pack house.