Chapter 13

Ok so this took a little turn. My drive started again at last moment (once I turned Frozen on...). So enjoy.

Nathaniel's eye widened. “Are you sure?”

“We mated on September twenty fifth. This says September twenty six of the same year. We mated because I was dying.”

“Wait what? I know you guys said it was forced but I thought you guys meant arranged marriage”

Santiago shook his head. “I met your mother in August. I knew she was my mate but nothing was gonna happen. She was trying to find the elf that kidnapped her brother. I offered to help. I told her everything during that time. I was so distracted one day that the stupid elf tricked me. I got tortured bad. Your mother found me and I explained that I was dying. She asked how to save me and I told her that mating would give me strength.”

“Is that really true?”

“Yes. It won't heal you but it gives you more strength and you heal a lot faster. Anyways, I told her to leave but she mated me right in the fucking forest. I healed after a few hours. We ended up getting her brother and we figured out our relationship. I need to fix this relationship”

“We will help best we can dad. We better get moving though. I want to make the Crimson territory by nightfall.”

Santiago quickly looked at Nathaniel. “Why there?”

“Gwen claims she is from there and says she wants to see for herself they are really gone. She still hasn't retrieved any memories from being with Draven.”

“Has Dex checked her?”

“Not since she first arrived. He was mostly focused on healing the pack after Draven's attack. I think I am gonna send a warrior with Amaryliis to find Rowan.”

Santiago nodded. “Send Judah, Dalon, and Kalon with Amaryliis.”

“Judah and Kalon are in training while Dalon is only in his first year. You really want to send them with Amaryliis?”

“This will be training for them. Their first mission. Plus, Judah can't seem to stop following Amaryliis.”

Nathaniel sighed and stood up. “Very well. Let's get the pack moving. I will talk to them about the mission tonight.”

Santiago stood up. “I will also set up a new leader for the warriors.”

They walked back to camp. Nasscio walked up to them. “We set the wagon up. The younger pups will ride in it.”

Nathaniel nodded. “We have a request that we will take. We will be traveling the path near the Crimson pack territory.”

Gasps ran through the pack. Nathaniel raised his hand and everyone quieted. “We will not be going in it. One of our new pack members wants to take a look at the territory and we do not deny our pack members. Now we can also split up if you guys wish.”

Many of the pack started to hug each other. “We stick together alpha. We protect each other.” A man shouted.

Some laughed while some agreed. Nathaniel smiled. “Very well. Lets get moving.”

~~Two days later~~

“I see home!” Emi hollered.

Everyone started to cheer. Santiago turned to everyone. “Pups that can't shift stay in the middle. Anyone else that can, run on home!”

The pack started to shed their clothes and shift. Dex grabbed Kiki's hand. “I will walk the two pregnant women and we will collect the clothes.”