Chapter 10

Maddie gasped. She looked down and screamed. She quickly set up a barrier. Arigette moved over. “Let me secure Kellie and you can let her go. Your barrier will get stronger if you have more to use.”

Maddie nodded. She knew Arigette wasn't telling her she was weak. She only felt like she was. Arigette climbed over Kellie. Kellie cried as Arigette hit her leg.

Arigette apologized. She set her legs under Kellie and gripped Kellie's hands. “Now Maddie”

Maddie pulled the stone back and made the barrier thicker. The weird stuff reached the barrier. It filled around it. Arigette sucked in a breath. “SANTIAGO!!!”

~~Nathaniel~~

Nathaniel quickly ran. 'What are you doing to them, Draven?!'

'Nothing! Yori must have set a trap for Maddie'

“SANTIAGO!!!” A voice rang through the castle.

Draven and Nathaniel watched as Santiago zoomed past them. Nathaniel pushed harder. Draven growled. The boys quickly caught up to Santiago.

They arrived at a door. Nathaniel howled. “Is that you hot head?!” Maddie's voice came out. Nathaniel howled again.

“Ok. I don't know what this crap is but it burns you! You need protection before you opened the door!” Maddie called out.

Santiago pulled out the bubble. The bubble quickly surrounded them. They shifted. Draven went to open the door when they heared a scream. Nathaniel fell down holding his head.

Santiago turned around. “Is Kellie hurt?!”

“Real bad. Her leg...She needs help quick!” Arigette yelled.

Nathaniel gripped the door and stood up. He ripped it open and the weird stuff came out like lava. Nathaniel ran out the bubble. Maddie let her barrier down and shot her hand out at Kellie. “Ok old alpha bitch. I want you to move. Since hot head is here and in wolf mode, we will let him get her”

Arigette quickly moved off of Kellie and over on the wall. Nathaniel got under Kellie. Maddie pulled her hand back and Kellie started to fall. Nathaniel jumped up and caught her. Santiago ran forward. Arigette let go and fell into his arms.

“The one time I need the stupid mate thing” Maddie whispered. She started to climb down when her feet slipped. She gripped the wall tightly. “Will someone please catch me?!”

“Come on down Maddie. I got you” Jericho's voice spoke.

Maddie quickly looked down but didn't see him. She felt tears. She felt her hand slipping. “You're ok Maddie. I am not letting you die today” Nathniel spoke.

Maddie let out a breath of relief and let of. Nathanel caught her. He walked out and put her down. “Jericho would kill himself if something happened to you. He wanted to come but he needed to help the pack.”

Amaryliis walked forward. “That stuff was Juu Kow. It is an ancient mixture that was made to burn you alive. We made it since we saw it as a good way to punish. I diluted it once I discovered what it was. I also healed the wolves that went in it.”

“Even Kellie?” Maddie asked.

Amaryliis bit her lip. “I am sorry. She has a lock her that I can't break. I was able to stop the Juu Kow from causing furthur damage but where it goes, I have no idea.”

Maddie looked over at Kellie. She walked over and sat down. “Are you ok, Kell?”

“My leg..If..If I had..” Kellie stopped and started to cry.