Chapter 8

Ok I know Maddie is kind of changing character but she is still the same. Her feelings are a little mixed up right now because of Jericho.

Draven smiled as he smelt his father's scent. He walked outside. "Welcome father"

A wolf came out and shifted. "Where is my mate, Draven?"

"We will talk about her in a little bit. I want to know where my dear brother is"

"I am afraid he is not coming."

Draven frowned. "Now why would you do that father? This was a meeting between him and me"

"You need to let this go, Draven. I was the one that messed this family up. I-"

"NO! Mom and Nathaniel messed this family up!"

"They didn't do anything, Draven! I kept you away from them. I thought you would need the concentration."

"That isn't true. You were the best father. They just didn't try hard enough."

Santiago walked forward. "I wouldn't let them Draven. Give me my mate and we can let this go"

"I think you should leave. Mother and I still have much to talk about. Especially of the pup it seems I killed."

Santiago's eyes widened. "What pup?!"

Draven laughed. "So she did tell the truth about something. She was pregnant that morning of my first attack. See father, I am glad you came here but we know you can't do anything. You still wish for me to be alpha. I have sources that tell me how you depise Nathaniel being alpha"

"Don't change the subject!"

"You never wanted Nathaniel. You thought he was weak even in the womb. You felt disgusted that he had the aura. You hated-"

Santiago ran forward and grabbed Draven's neck. "Never disrespect my pup"

Something quickly pushed Santiago off Draven. Santiago looked around but saw nothing. Draven caught his breath. "Leave. Mother is in good hands. She stays until Nathaniel comes. We could even do an exchange. Nathaniel for mother. See you later father."

Santiago watched as Draven just vanished. He howled. He quickly shifted and started to run back to the pack. He needed to figure out a plan.

~~Maddie~~

Maddie looked up as Jericho came back. "What was that about?"

"Nathaniel and Raven suspect a traitor in the pack. He was getting some of us together to keep watch."

Maddie nodded. "Has anyone gotten dinner yet?"

Jericho chuckled. "Not yet but I think we still have some fruit soup left. I can heat it up for you."

Maddie nodded. Jericho stood up and walked off. Maddie checked on May then looked around. The cave was packed but it was still big enough to get around.

She looked over when she heard howling. A wolf was holding a dead deer. She backed up and whimpered.

*FlashBack*

"Kill it Madison. It was made to be your prey" a voice whispered.

A young Maddie started to cry. The voice raised a hand and slapped her. "You are a witch! Act like it!"

"I am an azul! I don't want to be a witch!"

*End FlashBack*

Maddie started to scream and cry. She pulled herself in a ball. Jericho dropped a bowl and ran to her. He looked around. He growled. "Get rid of that animal Judah!"