Back to the way it was - Cute

WE HIT 10K AFTER I UPDATED AND NOW WE 13K OMFG THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! ALSO WHEN YOU LOOK UP 'CARL GRIMES IMAGINES' MINES ACTUALLY UP THERE THATS CRAZY OMG ALSO THIS BOOK HIT 300 VOTES WTF! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !!!

Y/N

"Y/N!" I heard from the distance, over the loud gun shots. "This way! Come on!" I heard Carl yell as he ran in my direction. "We can't leave yet!" I cried as I looked around for our friends. "Y/N they're gone! We can't stay here!" He yelled. "They can't be!" I cried as I sunk down to the ground. "Ron, Enid, Mikey! All of them are gone Y/N! We have to go!" He yelled as he held out his hand for me, I took it and we ran through the streets. (Lmao Mikey where'd you go bro ??)

We ran through the grass dodging every bullet that was shot, it was like a mine field. The gate was wide open and we ran with everything that we had left in us. I was gasping for air as we took a sharp turn into the woods. We ran deeper and deeper into the never ending woods, the leaves crunching underneath us with every step. I hesitantly looked behind us. Carl and I have had our differences before and we used to fight all the time.

When we first met we instantly fell for each other, we were inseparable.

----------
"Carl no!" I laughed as he jumped in the water. "Come on the waters warm." He smiled. I sighed as I slipped off my shirt and shorts, jumping into the water.
----------

But as the days went on he became less and less of himself.

----------
"Carl why don't you tell me what's wrong?" I asked sitting next to him. "Y/N everything's fine, I'll be okay." He said looking up at me.
----------

He turned cold and difficult, we didn't talk like we used to and everything changed right in front of my eyes.

----------
"Carl that's not what I'm saying." I said sternly. "Well you sure made it sound that way." He replied. "Why can't you just understand that I can do this on my own!" I yelled. "I know you can! Trust me I don't wanna be out here with you anyways! My dad makes the rules not me."
----------

He pushed me away so I pushed back and soon it was like we had never met, we were complete strangers.

----------
My smile dropped as I passed Carl, he glanced at me and continued to walk in the opposite direction.
----------

Memories are murder, it kills me to think of what we had and how it just turned into nothingness. He turned into a rebellious liar that didn't want to be told what to do.

----------
"Fine! I don't need you anyways!" I cried. "Good! You were only slowing me down. I'll be fine without you!" He yelled back. "So will I!" I yelled as I stormed off.
----------

As we came to a stop I spoke up. "Why you'd do it?" I asked. He gave me a confused look. "Do what?" He asked turning towards me. "Save me." I paused. "We're not even friends." He stared to speak up but I interrupted him. "Carl you told me you hated me." He sighed, he didn't say anything for a few seconds but then spoke up. "Y/N no body gets left behind. We fight for each other, doesn't matter who you are." He said looking at me. "And I don't hate you."

"Then what happened to us?" I asked. He shook his head. "Y/N. Now is not the time." He said looking down. "Carl please. Just talk to me." I said walking towards him. "Y/N I just-" he paused. "I was scared okay? I was scared of losing you and everything we had." He said looking up at me. "You were scared?" I said as I felt myself heat up. "Carl. I was terrified. I didn't know what I had done to make you turn away from me! You pushed me away! You made me feel awful!" I yelled.

"This is why I didn't wanna talk about it Y/N! I knew you would act this way!" He yelled back. "I pushed you away because I didn't want to get attached! After I lost my mom I realized good things don't last Y/N! I didn't want to get hurt again!" He yelled. "Carl we could have just talked about it! You know you can come to me whenever you need something! It was you and me from the beginning and I never wanted it to stop!" I cried.

"I know! I know and I'm sorry! I never wanted it to end up like this and I-" I cut him off by pressing my lips to mine. Our lips moved in sync with each other's, then we broke apart. "I know." I paused. "And I'm sorry too." I said holding his hands. I rested my forehead on his as I pulled him into a hug.

"I just want it to go back." He spoke up. "Back to the way it was." He said softly. "It can." I said looking up at him. "We can fix it." I paused. "And we will."

Okay I have no idea who the hell shot up Alexandria or who they're running from but other than that I liked writing this a lot. Thank you guys sm for the 13k reads. I'm honestly crying rn and I hate myself for not updating for like a month, I had major writers block on this but I hope you guys liked this !!

Thanks, love you lots babes. 💋

Xoxo Laney