Remember - Happy

Holy shiz guys we hit 1k! GAIDHDKSI IM SO HAPPY THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I have literally only have written two happy imagine in this entire book so I'm gonna write another one. Also I feel like this book has kind of gone down hill since the beginning. Like it started out great and then it kind of fell apart at the end so I'm going to try to update more often and stuff. Anyways hope you guys enjoy.

Rick

It's been almost a year today since we've found Y/N in the woods and Carl has never been this happy. She makes him smile and laugh and it's like he forgets what's happening in this world. They've stuck together through thick and thin, they've fought off the dead side by side, they've watched countless people that they love die right in front of their eyes. But they've stayed together through it all and they make each other happy. It takes a lot to be happy in a world like this, I hadn't seen him smile or laugh since the world went to hell. But Y/N changed that.

I sat in the watch tower, looking over at Y/N and Carl kill the walkers crowding the fence. They stabbed the last few walkers through the fence and started walking towards the cell block as I went down the ladder of the watch tower. I walked towards them slowly as Y/N waved at me. "Hey Rick." She said stopping in front of me holding my sons hand. "Hey Y/N, Carl." I said waving to them. Y/N looked at Carl as if she was trying to get him to ask me something.

Carl nodded his head. "Uh we were wondering if we could go out on a run." Carl said. "Alone? Well I don't know." I said stepping back some. "Will be carful Rick, I promise." Y/N said putting her hand on her gun in her holster. I nodded my head. "If I let you go, you have to be back before sunset." I said. Y/N gave me a faint smile. "We will." Carl said as I waved them off. I sighed as I watched them walk through the gates, Maggie closing it behind them.

Y/N

We walked through the gates hand in hand, wondering what was to come. It wasn't are first time out here by ourselves, but Rick has always been protective. Which I understand, I mean I wouldn't want my kid going out on a supply run, fighting off the dead with his girlfriend all by himself. But we have each others backs, we'd doing anything for each other.

It was nice out today, it was warm and sunny with a slight breeze. We headed down the road looking for some stores, cars, really anything that we could find. As we walked we came open a big dead tree laying on the side of the road. I stopped and laughed slightly. "Remember this?" I asked looking at the tree. "It's where we first met." He said put his arm around me. "My whole life has changed since then." He said. "Mine too." I said kissing him on the cheek and dragging him along the road.

We continued down the road and came upon a few cars. I walked towards the car, the window was broken so I just poked my head through the window. There wasn't any walkers but there was a box in the back seat. "Found some stuff in here, you find anything?" I asked Carl looking over at him. He had the trunk of another car opened as he poked his head out from behind it. "No." He said as he closed the trunk. I sighed and opened the car door and climbed into the back seat.

I sat next to the box and placed it on my lap. When I opened the box I saw a pocket knife and food. "This must be someone's stash?" I said aloud. I thought about leaving it but then I just took it anyways. I mean in this world you just kind of play by the rules of finders keepers. I climbed back out of the car and walked towards Carl. "I found a box of food, there's also a knife." I said placing the box on the ground. "Anything in the other cars?" I asked walking towards another car. "I went through all of them. All I found was a hammer and books."

I sighed. "Well." I said looking up at the sky. "We might as well head back the sun is going down." I said. Carl smiled and started walking back with me. When we finally arrived at the gates, Daryl let us in and then closed them behind us. I started walking towards the cell block when Carl stopped me. "What's up?" I asked him. He stood there for a second and got something out of his pocket. "I found this when we were out there today." He said as he grabbed my hand and slide a ring onto my finger.

I smiled. "It's beautiful." I said holding his hand and pulling him into a hug. "I hoped it would fit. I wanted you to have something to remind you of me." He said pulling out of the hug. "I'll always remember you." I said as I stared into his ocean blue eyes. "Always."

Okay so idk I thought that was cute. But I hope you guys liked it and I'm trying to update more often. But thanks again for 1k reads! Don't forget to comment and vote!

Thanks, love you lots babes. 💋

Xoxo Laney