Chapter 39

I'm going to be transferred to Toronto, Canada, the contract says that I'm going to work there for a year. That's nice, I get to be with Hallie. Something seems to be different with this girl, it's like she opened a hidden door for me to enter. She's nice, caring, warm hearted and she's perfect to me. My boring life seemed to stop when I met her, I felt like I'm attracted to her.

They were all grieving for Tiffany's death but they seemed to look better today. We went to get some breakfast in the airport. Cool, French breakfast, my favorite. We sat on the sofa there, 2 more hours until boarding, which also means 2 hours with Hallie plus the flight time! This is going to be awesome! (Yes, I sound like a kid now.)

I received a text from Mike.

Hanzel. Have a safe trip.:)  Hope you'll have a great time there.

Report: Blake was sentenced to jail for six years. He was responsible for Tiffany's murder. We are still looking for the mastermind and I think we're a step closer now. By the way, Cathy's sister gave me a note, it was posted on my desk.

Here:

Hey Cathy. I was thinking about it last night, I guess I'm planning to come home, maybe next week.:)

Love, Michelle

I told Cathy about and she jumped with joy. I also felt happy for her, I know that it's hard to handle these kinds of problems, especially broken families. My parents were divorced actually and they're so dense. It was caused by a stuffed toy. Yes, my father didn't want to buy a stuffed bear for my mother then they fought. My mother said that my father doesn't care for her anymore, etc. Weird. It was hard for us on the first few months (I went with my father) but we go to our mother every weekends.

I looked at Hallie who's driking her hot french vanilla, she looks so cute at that angle. I wonder how I can tell her. I tried some lines in my head. "Uhm, Hallie, I need to tell you something. I like you." Nah, too common. "Hallie, you took my heart from the very first time I saw you." Nope. "Hallie, do you believe in love at first sight?" Not good. Whatever. I'll just leave it to God, whatever will come out of my mouth then so be it but when will I tell her?

I paid the bill and we went to the waiting area, I helped Hallie with her bag. Maureen and Nikki went shopping, Cathy and Yvette went to the bookstore and that leaves me and Hallie sitting here. Hallie brought out a book and pulled her feet up, I went to sit on the bench behind hers which makes me see her back.

"Hallie."

"Yes?" she looked up from her book.

"I want to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I like you." I smiled at her.

She's speechless, I can see her cheeks turn from light crimson to dark crimson. Aw.. she's so cute when she blushes. I moved then sat next to her, "It's okay if you don't want to accept that fact. I just want you to know." She grabbed my wrist and stared at me like she was afraid.

"I like you too." she looked down.

I returned her stare, this time with my mouth hanging open.

"Close that mouth, you want me to put a scorpion in it?" she laughed.

I laughed and pulled her in for a hug. I was shocked that she hugged back, I didn't expect that. 

"Well, what do we have here?" 

I looked up and saw Cathy smirking with her arms crossed. 

"Nothing." I smiled. 

"Nothing your face." Cathy teased me, "Guess I'll give you two some alone time." then she left. 

I watched her walk away, "Hallie, I have a surprise for you." I got something from my bag and pulled out a box, "Here." 

She got the box from me and opened it. She gasped and hugged me, "Thank you."

What's in the box?  A handmade beaded heart pendant.  I made it for two days and I just got two hours of sleep on the first night and three hours on the second night but it's worth it.

Maureen and the others came back with shopping bags.

"Guys, did you buy everything?" I teased.

"We left a few more there." Maureen teased back.

"Come on, let's get going." Yvette said.

Hallie fixed her bag and we got going.  I think this trip is going to be the best one but I really hope she doesn't mind the age gap though.

-Hanzel Scott, 26 years old.