Chapter 13

------April 10, 2012------

------7:00 A.M.------

------Hallie's house------

*dingdongdingadonga*

Who in the world would be coming at this hour?  I rolled over and checked my bedside clock.  It was 7 in the morning.  Those are probably my friends.  I overslept!

"Wiagala!" I jumped up and started to run down.  I peeked through the hole.  I saw a big version of Maureen's green eye.  I opened the door and welcomed them in.

Maureen.  Tiffany.  Nikki.  Yvette.  Cathy.

"Who's there?"  Pris appeared beside me with her messy bed hair.

"Just them. Nothing to be afraid of."

"Oh. Come in."  She led them to the living room with her squinted eyes.

"Hallie, get ready. Make sure you use comfortable clothes."

"Yes, sis."  I went up the spiral staircase and went straight to my room.  I picked out my baby blue jeans and a pink and green button down three-fourths plaid shirt.  I went in the bathroom and took a steaming shower.  I continued with my routine afterwards.

I emerged from the bathroom and steam started to escape from the bathroom.  I double-checked my backpack and my luggage.  I made sure that my necessities and passport are there.  I knocked on my parents' bedroom and peeked.  My father was already getting ready, but my mother, not really.  She was still mumbling about how early it was.  I went down and grabbed some milk and cookies.  I places some snacks in my backpack and zipped it.  I'm all set.

"The streets are pretty clogged up today, even at this time." Tiffany said.

"Then we'll have to go now."  My dad emerged from the kitchen.  "We'll be using the biggest van. Seeing you guys with those luggage, you probably can't fit in the Expedition."  He chuckled.

"We'll use the Chevrolet?"  My face lit up.  We rarely used that, and in fact, dad doesn't want my friends to use that.

"Yeah, like I have any choice. Okay, kids! Put your things at the back of the van!"  My dad ordered.  We quickly scrambled to get our bags before my dad changes his mind.

We went back to the house, and they chatted away while I get ready.  What else do I need?

"Guys, who brought a laptop?"  I asked them.

"Me." Nikki said.

"Okay then, we'll be using that."

"Yeah. Just take turns and make sure you don't destroy it."

I went to my room and looked for things that I need, but it looks like I'm good.  However, something suddenly caught my eye.  There was a man in a long coat and a detective hat standing beside the lamppost near our street.  I squinted through the sunlight and found him just standing there with his hands in his pockets.

Who in the world is that?  I wondered, but I just shrugged the suspicious feeling off and went down finding everyone ready.  That man was probably just hanging around.  It was probably just a coincidence.

I tapped my sister's shoulder and told her, "Sis, take care of this family while I'm gone. I feel like there's something suspicious. I saw a man outside, and he was just standing there like nothing is happening. I don't know how long he's been there though."  She nodded and looked through the Venetian curtains and said, "Are you sure you saw something?"

My eyebrows met and I nodded my head, "Why? He's gone?"

"Yes.”

This is creepy.

-Hallie Price, 18 years old