Chapter 41

"Drake! What happened to you? Why are you here? Are you planning to kill Tiffany's family and why do you look freaky?" I asked continuously.  Drake really looked worst, his eyes were red and swollen, his hair was really messy and he looked like he didn't get any sleep for a week.  His clothes were neatly worn though.

I heard hullabaloo inside.

"Get the the demon out of here!" then a vase was thrown to our direction.  It almost hit Yvette.

"Calm down!"

"How can I calm down? It's our daughter that we're talking about here."  It sounds like Tiffany's mother and her father was restraining her.

"At least give him some time to explain!"

"Explain or do you mean give him a chance to lie?" Tiffany's mother snarled.

"Honey, just listen."

We slowly went in and closed the door.  Tiffany's mother came out running with a bat in her hands, "Get out of here you-" then she saw us.

"Oops, hi guys. Come in and try to get that murderer out of here."

"Ma'am, we're so sorry for your loss but this person tried to save Tiffany." Maureen said, "and everything was my fault."

"I heard his story and I didn't think it was your fault but his. He was the one who was with Blake for a long time and he should also be behind the bars!"

*knockieknock*

Tiffany's mother went to the door while we peek from the inside.  There were two officers and a black car, they handed her an envelop.

"What is that?" I asked.

"A letter about Tiffany's death." her face darkened.

"She was a-"

"A CIA agent."

"She didn't te-"

"Of course she wouldn't. Who's stupid enough to announce the world that she's a secret agent?"

"But she's so young."

"I know, she was sent for a job. To investigate about those murder cases."

"Oh."

"Come on guys, you have some explainings to do."

She gave us a glass of apple juice each.  We all sat in the living room.  Maureen kept on telling that it was her fault.  Somehow I already pity her, it was like this trip changed her, us.  I became more comfortable with my friends ever since we returned, it was like I was set free from my cage.  I feel like I'm renewed and meeting my sister in Ireland also lifted the burden off my shoulders.

After the "explanation", Tiffany's mother finally said, "I guess what's done is done. We can't change the past anymore. I forgive you, demon."  Then we all cracked up.  Drake just scratched his head and smiled.  We all went out and Drake invited us to Starbucks, his treat.  He told us that he vowed to visit Tiffany's parent every few months, to bring food or what because he really felt guilty.  Tiffany's parents agreed, excpet they bargained the food and the every few month, they said it would be better if it was just every two years.  Poor Drake.  I hope the grudge will be wiped out soon.

I guess that's how life works, someone falls into an invisible trap and because of that, many lives were changed.  Including mine.

-Cathy Collins, 17 years old

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Sorry guys if this chapter is boring but I have a better idea for the next one.:)

-Cayle Cooper :)