Chapter 37

No, this can't be happening.  It's impossible.  Tiffany was alive a while ago, are they that it's Tiffany?  Is it our Tiffany?

"Wait? Tiffany what?" I asked Mallory.  Tears started to form, Tiffany was a good friend.  She may be moody sometimes but she was always fun to be with.

"Tiffany Woods."

"No, it can't be!" I started to scream, tears bursted out.  "No, no, no, no!" I cried on Maureen's shoulder.  She patted me at the back, she was also crying.

"She's your friend.. I'm so sorry." Mallory hugged me.

"She was the friend who loves to eat, yeah. A friend that can never be bought. I can't believe she's gone! How can we tell her parents? She'll surely hate us!" tears kept flowing.

"I'll tell them. It was my fault, everything that happened was my fault. That should've been me, she should have been alive. If I didn't trust that man then nothing like this would ever happen. I'll take the blame, I deserve it anyway. I was stupid to think that everyone in this planet is trustable." Maureen said grimly.

"Maureen! Don't say that! It wasn't anyone's fault. Who would have known that these will happen?" I shook her shoulders.

"She's right. None of you knew what was going to happen." Mallory comforted us.

Maureen kept on crying, she still kept on taking the blame.  I know what she feels now.  She's the one who trusted Blake, yeah but she shouldn't torture herself this bad.

"You guys need to go to a psychiatrist. These events are too hard too bear, you'll need help." Mallory said and we just nodded.

I looked at Hallie, she was lying steadily on the bed.  There may be slight movements but not much.  They said that she was hit on the head.

We reached the hospital and she was rushed to the emergency room.  We were waited outside then we suddenly saw Cathy rushed in.

"What happened?!" she was panting really hard.

"Hallie and Tiffany." I mumbled sounding really melancholy.

"Oh no. How about Nikki?"

"Nikki?!"

"I got her." someone said from the other corner.  It was Wayne, he was carrying her.

"EMERGENCY!" he shouted.  He was sweating really hard.  Nurses rushed and placed Nikki on the stretcher.

"What happened?" Maureen asked.

"She was placed in the back seat of the evil guy's car and unconsious. I saw her when we went to the front yard. Noone even bothered to get her so I drove the car and brought her here." Wayne explained.

"Thank you very much!" Maureen hugged Wayne really tight.  This time I knew that it was from her heart.  I can see it in her eyes.

"You know what?" Wayne told Maureen.

"What?"

"You're funny."

"Wha?!" she punched him lightly.

"Just kidding." he squeezed her cheeks, "Nice to meet you." he smiled.  Maureen introduced us to him and we all smiled at each other even if they're forced.

The nurse called us, they placed Nikki and Hallie in the same room.  We waited for them to wake from their unconsiousness.  Who's in this room?  Me, Maureen, Wayne, Cathy and Hanzel.

Maureen ordered pizza and I guess the aroma woke Hallie up.  "What happened?" she asked, squinting, "Where are we?"

We explained the whole thing, even the Tiffany part.

"Seriously?!" she jumped up then winced from the pain from the head, I guess.

"Yes." the mood around the room suddenly changed and Hallie started crying.  Hanzel approached her and sat beside her.  We all looked at him shocked, what is he doing?  Then he hugged her, a comforting hug.  He didn't say anything but his gestures were saying everything.  Hallie cried on his shoulder until that part was soaking wet.

Someone suddenly knocked and came in.  It was Drake.

-Yvette Williams, 18 years old