Chapter 19

Maureen's so stupid, plain stupidity.  She bumps into a guy then trusts him immediately.  If something happens to us, she's going to take all the blame, I tried to stop her but she's so stubborn.  Worse, Tiffany agreed with her, I can't believe Tiffany's like that.  I've always thought that she's the good girl who just loves food.  I wouldn't be here anyway if I didn't get threats from that "BLUE" guy and I'm also doing this for Yvette.

I don't know how I became friends with these girls anyway.  I was a transferee on my freshmen year, I was really happy when Yvette introduced herself to me but I didn't expect that her friends would be this group.  This group is very abnormal.  I'll explain everything.

Maureen Martinez.  The craziest in our group, they say but for me, she's a flirt.  She has a boyfriend but she still hook up with other guys.  If Chad knew about this, she'll be dead meat.  When she sees a handsome guy, she'll shriek as if she saw a U.F.O. then she'll run to him and yes, you said it, flirt.  She'll flip her hair and smile as if she's single.  If I were her, I'd act like I have an off limits sign attached on me.

Nikki Brown.  She's so filthy rich, just because her father owns some kind of company doesn't mean she can throw her money like there's no ending.  Okay, I'm exaggerating but, seriously she spends like there's no ending.  When we go shopping, please, when she can't decide, she'll buy everything.  If she realized that she doesn't need it, she'll just throw it away, literally.

Tiffany Woods.  The gluton but lately, she's more interested in guys.  She's always intrigued when Maureen suddenly says, "You know what?"  She's also very moody, she'll suddenly get angry for no reason then later, she's okay.  When she wants something, she makes sure she gets it or else..and when we're arguing, she doesn't stop until she's right even if she's not.

Hallie Price.  She's better than the two but she's also spoiled sometimes.  She's the youngest in her family and she gets most of the attention but she's friendly and helpful.  I like her.  If I have secrets to share, I'd share it to Yvette first then her but not to Maureen, Tiffany and Nikki, never.

Yes, if you don't know them, you'd like to join this but I promise you, it's not as nice as it seems.  They made me really uncomfortable.  It's like I'm not me when I'm with them.  They're the reason why I had a relationship with Karl, to escape their company.  I didn't tell Yvette about this because I don't want to destroy our friendship, she's the first one in this school who made me happy.

Too much for that.  I guess I can't have it all.  I walked around the room and checked them.  They're already sleeping very soundly, I picked the extra bed because I don't want to sleep with Maureen.  Hallie will be good with her anyway.

I got my teddy bear and prepared to enter dream world.

I was walking along the rocky road of a province then I realized that this was my hometown.  I saw our red barn which was already sold to some businessman.  I entered the barn, it was connected to the stables and I went straight to it.  I got my brown horse and rode on it.  Brownie, the horse was running along the countryside then suddenly the scene changed, we were already in my past school.  My childhood friend, Karilyn waved at me and said, "Hey, you brought your horse!"  Then the scene changed again.  We were on the bridge where Karl and I dated, the horse was gone.  I was sitting on the railings of the bridge with Karl supporting me on my legs.  He started hugging me like crazy and nuzzling my neck.  I kept on giggling.  (By the way, I never kissed him.)  I squeezed him really tight and funny, I was enjoying.  I guess this was before I knew that he cheated.  We were acting like lovers and bestfriends at the same time.  Boy, I was really enjoying.

I jerked up by the sound of the alarm.  6:00 A.M. oh yeah.. I remember, that flirt agreed to let Blake tour us around this city.  I got up earlier than the others, that means I get to hog the bathroom first.  I got my clothes, long sleeves, jogging pants and went in.  Morning routine, good, no jetlag.  My water temperature was higher than usually the steam fogged up the mirrors inside.  I dressed up and went out, Hallie was already up, "Morning, Caths." she said in her morning voice.  "Morning Hayle. Your turn." I dried my hair with the towel.  "Thanks." she said.  That's what I like about her, she thanks people.

I woke the others up, "Get up!"  Yvette rubbed her eyes as if to adjust her sight, "You're up early.."  "Yeah. I'm used to it."

Tiffany on the other hand was struggling to wake up, her head will rise a few centimeters then suddenly it will fall onto the pillow and continue sleeping.  I rolled my eyes and left her sleeping.  I moved on to Nikki, I shook her a bit and she jumped up then looked at me, "Woah, it's just you. Thanks for waking me up."  "No prob." I shrugged.

I approached Maureen then heard her mumbling something like, "Oooh, Blake! Kiss me! No, I don't have a boyfriend or maybe I do..but I don't care just kiss me..oooh, you're so hot!"  I rolled my eyes, such a flirt, even in her dreams.

Yes, I admit it, I'm just 'pretending' to be friends with them.  I did it all for Yvette, I can also sense that she feels some bad aura from me but I don't usually let it show.

I watched TV while they do their things.  Discovery.  Dog whisperer.  Cool, I love this.

They were done doing their stuff then we went down for breakfast but then we saw Blake.

"Don't you think you're too early?" Maureen asked him.

"Actually, I'm just on time."

"Huh? We're still going to eat breakfast."

"That's the point, I'm going to bring you guys to the famous breakfast place! Now come." Blake said excitedly.

We followed him to his car and he took off.  I looked outside, I'm somehow thankful that I came or else I wouldn't be seeing this.

Blake kept on driving, 30 minutes have already passed.

Could he be the mystery guy that's following us around?  Where will he be taking us?

-Cathy Collins, 17 years old