Chapter 21

Blake’s mother served us her traditional Irish breakfast.  I read about that before, but she had clearly made a little improvement in the recipe to make it more delicious.  Suddenly, I remembered the website that I had checked a couple of days before the trip, which consists of almost every delicious Irish food.

I looked around the dining room, which really has a dash of country style in it.  It seems like this house is being passed down from generation to generation.  The windows above the faucet have curtains with blue laces hanging on both sides.  A long furnished wooden table sits in the middle of the room. Hanging wooden cabinets were added around the room.

"This is cool, Blake. I love the cozy feeling I’m having in your home. It feels so warm and welcoming." I finally said after looking around.

"Yeah, I know. I can see it in your eyes, and this is definitely what I call home. Now, sit down girls. Breakfast is finally coming!" Blake announced.

The girls took their own wooden seats and got ready for what's coming.  Each one of us has our own plates.  I examined and sniffed at mine.  This smells better than what I had expected.  I bet this is going to taste better than it looks.  I took a picture of it first before we started to pray.

"... Amen!" Blake's mother closed the prayer.  We started scarfing down the food.  "Wow, this-is-so-good!" Tiffany mumbled with her mouth full.

"Thank you." Blake's mom giggled, and the awkward silence followed.

Blake cleared his throat, "Okay, I'll introduce us. I am Blake Flynn."

"This is my mother, Rose Flynn," he glanced at his mother.  Rose is really a modest, which is totally the opposite of Blake.  I figured than she loves flowers since her house is decorated with both real and fake ones.  She has a light shade of long brown hair and Blake’s blazing blue eyes.  With her speechless beauty, I can say that she can sweep the feet of the men within two miles.

"My best buddy, Liam Stewart. He is not the one in One Direction, and he looks more like Zayn actually," he punched the guy next to him.  I looked at him, and realized that Blake wasn’t joking.  He literally looks like Zayn Malik!  His hair was brushed up, revealing his thick brows and sparkling brown eyes.  My stomach drops a little whenever he smiles. This is awesome.  I never knew someone would really look like a star.  I’m sure that Zayn’s fans would come up to Liam for autographs.

"This one is John Martin."  Blake pointed at the muscular one.  I observed him for a while.  He isn't really handsome, but he looks okay.  He definitely has a little Asian blood in him since his eyes are a little lifted up, and his long undone hair makes his Japanese look stand out.  However, his build and style do not match his face since his face is not a bad boy type.

"The one beside John is David Brown."  Blake turned to the clean shaved guy with rectangular eyeglasses and blonde hair.  I can’t describe him more than that though unless if it’s his eye color, which is green.

"Hanzel Scott."  Blake patted the one with long brown side bangs, cute smile and dimples.  He also has rectangular eyeglasses, but his is cooler that David's.  This Hanzel Scott really interests me.  I like his style and his everything.  I hope he’s cool and a gentleman too.  I wish he were the kind of guy who can take my breath away.

"Last but not the least, that guy over there is Drake Casey." Drake Casey is the one with spiky brown hair with blonde highlights.  He has piercings just above his right brow and has this creepy aura, which makes me back off a little and not trust him.  I judge the book by its cover, and I really have trust issues, especially on this trip since my parents trusted me on keeping myself safe.  I can’t lose their trust.

I continued eating my Irish breakfast after the introduction, while stealing a few peeks from Hanzel.  Cathy seemed to notice my “crime” since she is seated beside me.  "You like him, don't you?"  She leaned towards me and whispered.

"How did you…?" I coughed in between my bites.

"Duh? Well… It's obvious. You’re all stiff, paranoid and quiet. Just relax."

I cracked my neck nervously and continued eating.  When we were done eating, we helped Rose clean the table up.  Then, she ordered the maid do the rest of the washing.  Rose told us to stay and hang out in the living room for a while before going for our “mini” tour, which is to be led by Blake.

I entered the living room and saw tons of picture frames, "Wow."

"My mother loves to display pictures."  A pair of hands found my waist.  I jumped and turned around, seeing Blake with a shocked look pasted on his face.

"Hey, hands off." I hissed.

"Sorry," he pulled away.

Chancing.  I know.  I know I would love to have a boyfriend.  I want someone to hug me and to cuddle with me, but I know how to respect myself.  “Hands off” is one of my golden rules.  Respect me first then I will respect you. Always knows your limits.  I don’t want guys to be too comfortable with me.

How can I even trust this guy?  I can't even trust Maureen.  With the way she acts?  She's turning to be like those popular girls at school.  She wasn’t like this before, until she met her current boyfriend who “opened” her eyes to the “reality” of teenage life and what she is really missing.  I told her off about those nonsense, but she doesn't even care.

I just need to keep myself SAFE.  That was my promise.

-Hallie Price, 18 years old