Chapter 36

I looked out the window, wait a minute, are those police?

"Hey, Wayne, come look at that." I called Wayne while he was drawing some kind of stuff.

"What is it?" he looked out the window.

"Police."

"That'll be our advantage." He continued drawing.

"Wait, that's Yvette with a police officer, they're trying to find a way in." I tried to find a flashlight. I ransacked through the drawers and found a mini flashlight. I switched it on and signaled them, I saw Yvette pointing to us. The officer nodded and went in a secret passage.

"They're coming for us." I told Wayne and he just nodded like he was listening to music. I looked at him closely, he is listening to music, he had his earphones on. I removed one and repeated what I just said.

"I know, I heard." he put his earphones back. He's so stubborn.

I approached the antique door, I reached for the knob and twisted it alittle, it was unlocked. I opened it a little, I heard voices from downstairs.

"You're so stupid! Why did you do that?" the first guy with a hoarse boy shouted.

"Uh.. I thought she was a bad girl." the second guy said slowly.

"What?! You thought she's someone different when she turned around?! She's just a saleslady, we don't need low class people, you know! Now where should we even dump her?"

I turned to Wayne, "Wayne, they're busy arguing! Hurry!"

If Wayne was a dog, his ears would have stood up.  He grabbed me and started running, we went to this stairs which led us to the basement.  Wayne opened the door quietly but fast, I peeked through the living and saw Hallie lying on the ground.

"Oh. Shoot." I whispered.

"Why?" Wayne asked.

"It's Hallie. She's down."

"Don't worry, she has backups. We need to find that Yvette girl. Come on." he pulled me along.

We heard footsteps from the other side of the room.  Wayne pushed me aside, he picked a little and gave me a thumbs up.  I peeked to see what he saw, it was Yvette and the police.

"Psst." I tried calling them.

"Who's there?" the police warned.

"It's us, Maureen." I emerged from our hiding place.

"Maureen!" Yvette ran and hugged me really tight, "Good thing you're safe."

"Yeah, I know, thanks to you guys. By the way this is Wayne, also a victim and Hallie's in troubled." I hugged her back.  The police radioed the others about Hallie.

*Crackle crackle*

"We're barging in."  the other line said.  Wait that voice sounds familiar.

"Is that Hanzel?" I asked.

"Yes."

"But I thought he's one of them."

"Actually he's an undercover."

"Oh."

"Come on, let's get out of here."

They led us to a tunnel which led us to the front yard.  We saw them and Hanzel and his collegues with some SWAT were getting ready.

Hanzel went to the front door, "Open up or we're barging in in 3 seconds! 1! 2! 3! We're coming in!"  He kicked the door and there was a commotion inside.  Ambulances arrived and we heard gunshots.  I saw Hanzel went out and the medics went to get Hallie.  The police arrested a big guy and put the other guy in a black bag which means he's already dead.

"Hallie.. Yvette! Let's get in the ambulance!" I grabbed her and jumped into the ambulance.

The other police followed us, "By the way, I'm Mallory."

She extended her hand and we shook hands.

*Crackle crackle*

"This is Jennifer. *Crackle* Mike called, *Crackle* Some civilian found a body in the north of Ireland. *Crackle* He searched some information, it's a girl and her name is Tiffany."

-Maureen Martinez, 19 years old