Chapter 16

My eyes were really blurry when I saw a person in black pass by and fixed Yvette's things.  She was sleeping really soundly.  I struggled to wake up, but my dream overpowered me.

I was in Paris.  Yes, it is the city of love.  I saw many couples doing romantic things as I was walking.  I felt really alone when I catch them hug or kiss.  I grabbed a chocolate croissant at Paul's, the nearby cafe.  I adjusted my lilac coat and walked toward Alexander the III Bridge.  That is the place where Adele filmed her music video, Someone Like You.  At the end of the bridge, I saw my ex calling me, telling me that he loves me and wants me back.  That was the jerk, which left me for a flirt.  He was a freaking two-timer and a liar.  I did my best in building our relationship, and all he did was to lie about it.  My mouth hang open and dropped my shopping bag.  "No, this can't be happening." I thought.  I picked my bag up, turned away and went to Notre Dame.  I crossed the street then suddenly the truck hit me.  My soul was vacuumed out of me and saw myself lying on the road with a pool of blood around me.  Someone shook my shoulder.  "Hey kid! Wake up!"

I woke up with the shaking of my shoulders; a man about my age was in front of me.  "Huh? What happened?"  I asked and saw myself lying on the floor.  "You fell while you were asleep. Here, let me help you."  He said, helping me up and picking up my things.  "Thank you."  I mumbled.  How in the world did my dream connect to the real world?

What was that dream?  My ex wants me back?  No, that is not possible.  He is pretty much satisfied with that flirt.  My phone suddenly vibrated.  1 new message. Karl Baker (Jerk), scrolled across the screen.  I opened the message.  This is funny.  He never bothered to text after I broke up with him.

I know you surely would not want me back, but I'm telling you this because I realized my true feelings.  I never realized that I really love you.  I thought I won a jackpot when I got Gail, but I discovered that I was wrong.  She used me.  She was very much different from you.  I was two-timed by her and starting that time I felt the pain that you felt.  I'm really sorry for that, I want to make it up to you.  All I'm asking for now is to be friends, nothing more.  –Karl

I exited the message.  I didn't reply.  I know I was being bitter, but what else can I do, I've already moved on, I don't want him in my life anymore.  I got rid of him already.  However, I know that people would wonder why I’m acting this way.  People who have already moved on will accept the friendship.  I think… I have not really moved on completely, not just yet.

I saw Yvette stretching her arms.  Goody, she's up.  I grabbed my things and approached her.  "I saw someone fixed your things while you were asleep. I tried to wake up, but I couldn't. I was buried deep in my dream." I said.  "Yeah, I felt it too, but… I also couldn't wake up."  She said while fidgeting her dark brown hair.

"Karl texted me."

"Really? Let me see."

I opened the message and gave her the phone.

"He sounded sincere here." Yvette said.

"Yeah, I know, but I don't care about him anymore I don't want him in my life again. I don't want my life ruined for the second time."

“You have a point there, but don't you think you're too hard on him? I mean, he made you smile before. He made you happy. He is a part of your life, and there is nothing you can do about it. I know you're regretting those times, but you don't really have to blame yourself with that. You can't control your feelings for him, it's really hard to say no. Imagine Tiffany saying no to those foods, Nikki saying no to rest and sleep?”

"Those are different."

"No."

"I don't know…” I trailed off.  I was truly too hard on him.

"Tell him you need time to think about it. Just follow where your heart wants to go, where you're happy."

"Thanks."  I hugged Yvette really tight.

We heard Nikki mumbled something in her sleep, "Don't take me, I will not be your prisoner! So you're the mystery guy that's hiding at the corner a while ago!"

I looked at every corner.  Nothing was there.  "Hm… What a coincidence. I also saw a shadow a while ago."  Yvette pointed at the door.

Could it be that someone is following us?

-Cathy Collins, 17 years old