Chapter 32

I was looking at her while I drink my hot chocolate, she sat at the table beside mine. She looks really familiar, this time I didn't hesitate. I approached her, bringing my hot chocolate and croissant along, "Excuse me, can I sit with you?" I asked.

She looked up at me and there was this puzzled look on her face, I was afraid that she'll turn me down but surprisingly, she said yes.

"Thanks." I sat down.

"So, what do you want?" she asked.

"I was going to ask you something." I wrapped my hands around the cup.

"What is it?"

"Are you Michelle Collins?"

She looked at me, startled, "Cathy?"

"Michelle!"

"Oh Cathy, I never thought I'd ever see you again!"

"What happened to you?"

"Well, I broke up with him a year after I ran away. I didn't go back because I'm ashamed to face our parents. How about you? What did you do with your hair?"

I looked around first, "Someone's after us."

"Oh, wait, why are you here in Ireland?"

"Vacation with friends."

"Keep yourselves safe. I heard that there were foreigners that were killed starting last week."

"Oh."

"If you need something, here's my address, telephone number and cellphone number." she wrote them on a piece of paper.

"Okay thanks." I smiled.

"I better get going, time for work. Tell mom and dad that I'm safe and I miss and love them." she grabbed her things and waved goodbye.

I finished my breakfast and went out. I bought a pair of shades from the nearby stand and continued walking. I will go to the nearest museum to enjoy and forget about the world first.

The next thing I know, I was lying on the floor.

-Cathy Collins, 17 years old