Chapter 31

Kylie's POV

"Kylie!" I heard Jake yell from downstairs.

"What?!" I yelled from my room. I was lying on my stomach, watching the movie Avatar, you know, the "blue monkeys." It was one of the best movies I've ever watched, that's why I'm watching it again. Before watching Avatar, I watched Wonder Woman, and started admiring Gal Gadot. I think I have a crush on her.

It's Saturday, so I get to watch movies and eat tubs of ice cream. It's been four days since I "accidentally" confessed to Kris, thanks to my jealousy.

You may thought that I'm so chill right now after all that had happened. Well, you're right. I decided to relax and not let the drama get to me. Kris asked for some space, so I'm giving it to him although those days without talking to him were pure torture.

I so badly wanted to take back what I said because it might have been a pain in the butt to him to think that some girl under the same roof as him has feelings for him. A part of me though was thankful because I finally let it out.

As for Mark, he seemed busy, and just kept saying that he's fine whenever I asked if he's doing okay.

Also, my dream made me stress out who the boy was that's also why I wanted to relax today. And yeah, I'm still having that kind of dream where that boy keeps on appearing all of a sudden, but his face was blurred. Why the suspense?!

"KYLIE!!!" Jake shouted once again. I paused the movie angrily.

"WHAT?!!" I yelled, annoyed that he's disturbing me and my solace.

"Get down here!!! Now!"

I calmed myself and ripped the blanket off from my body. I forced myself to go out of my room and dragged myself downstairs. I just stepped into the living room when Jake groaned.

I abruptly stopped walking, thinking that Jake was doing something not appropriate in the living room. If he is, I don't wanna see it. Ewwwww.

I could only see the back of his head leaning against the couch. He kept squirming and groaning with his body wrapped in blanket. I couldn't help but scrunch my face in disgust and disbelief.

I took a step back to get ready then immediately ran towards him, his back facing me. I kicked the back of the couch. You know, like those kicks in action movies where their enemy gets thrown back roughly.

Well, in my case, the couch moved a bit, not what I was expecting (because I was expecting that it will dramatically flip over), but Jake jumped forward in shock and scrambled away from me. I almost burst out laughing when I saw his face. He looked so scared.

When he saw that it was just me, his face darkened. "What the hell, Kylie?!"

"I was just stopping you from doing the inappropriate!" I said, waving my hands in the air.

"What?!" His frown deepened. "What are you even talking about?! What do you mean inappropriate?! I was just rubbing-"

"Eww! TMI!" I covered my ears with my hands for effects. I looked at him with a disgusted face.

He merely stared at me with a clueless look. Realization dawned on him, and his face immediately reddened.

"What the fvck?!" Disbelief was written all over his face.

"Y-you need to go to church! Your mind needs some holy water!" Jake stood up and dusted himself.

My defensive self kicked in. "Well, you can't blame me! You were groaning and squirming under that blanket!"