Chapter 22

Kylie's POV

I was walking with Mark on the seashore. We were walking side by side. He was holding my hand firmly, swinging it back and forth. And I noticed something.

It doesn't feel right. I was expecting some sparks to ignite, but there was nothing. I didn't feel giddy like I'd expected to feel. I just feel nothing.

Nothing until my eyes met those alluring, grey eyes. "Those eyes are familiar," I thought. Just by looking at those eyes made those butterflies inside me go wild. Just by looking at those eyes made me forget about the person I'm with. But then, there was a blinding light behind him causing me to not see his face.

I woke up with the sunlight hitting me directly in the eyes like laser beam. I groaned then snuggled deeper into my pillow.

No wonder there was a blinding light in my dream. Who the hell opened my blinds anyway? I will kill that person 'cause I didn't get to see the owner of those eyes in my dream.

"Wakey-wakey~ Little sister~" someone said in a singsong voice.

Oh, so it's him. I'll just go back to sleep and hope that my dream will continue.

"Shut up, Jake." I threw a glare in his direction then put my pillow above my head. Today is Saturday, so that means more sleep!

"If you don't get up now, I will kick you off the bed." He threatened. I almost rolled my eyes at him.

Yeah, right. He wouldn't dare.

I gave him no response. It was quiet for a moment, and before I knew it, I was on the floor, groaning in pain.

"You jerk!" I shrieked, pointing an accusing finger at him while rubbing my throbbing nose.

His eyebrows rose up in amusement. "Oh, you think I was joking?" He asked innocently.

I glared daggers at him. "I've judged you wrong."

"You don't know me well enough then." He smirked. All I wanted to do right then is rip his mouth off his face then flush it in the toilet.

"What do you want, Jake?" I asked irritatedly.

He was silent for a while before answering sheepishly, "Nothing. Just wanted to annoy you early in the morning."

I gaped at him like a fish. Then, the volcano erupted.

"WHAT??!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "You kicked me off the bed just to annoy me?! Don't you know that I was about to meet the love of my life in my dream?!"

"I-I..uh.." He stuttered. When the last question registered in his eyes, he clamped a hand on his mouth.

"Pfft. The love of your life?" He snickered.

"I didn't get to see his face nor meet him because of your," I air quoted, "'just wanted to annoy me early in the morning' thing."

"Well, you probably wouldn't meet him in the real life anyways. Plus, you said you didn't see his face. For all we know, he might be your worst enemy." He just shrugged like it was not a big deal.

Yeah, I know it's not a big deal to you people, but to me, it is. It might be some clue what my "the one" looks like. It might be a sign that I'm going to meet him soon.

But Jake's right. It might also be my enemy. Maybe it's some warning.

I just looked at him after I was done with debating with myself. I then glared at him for winning this argument.