Chapter 19

Thanks for the story cover, SoleilBaisse!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylie's POV

Kylie, don't panic. Do. Not. Panic. Calm your crazy heart down.

I could not smell any alcohol from this guy behind me, so I guess it is safe to say that he's not drunk.

But what if he has drugs and want to sell them to me? And based on my personality, I would not buy drugs from this unauthorized person, and that would likely push him to shoot me or kill me or kidnap me or...

Stop, Kylie!

He must be some kind of person who needed help, and coincidentally, he saw me walking down the street, and decided to ask help from me since there was no one around.

But I heard the news earlier that there was a serial killer roaming around, and was attracting his victims by asking for help and leading them to his car. And when they are finally alone, then and there, he will-

"Miss?" I blinked a few times and jumped back when I saw the guy from behind me was now in front of me.

How could I not notice him move?

'Because you were busy thinking about the serial killer,' my subconscious replied.

Shut up!

I looked at him carefully. He has this brown eyes that seemed so curious. I think he's a year younger than me. He looks decent and innocent to be a serial killer, but who knows? Maybe the serial killer was this innocent-looking.

"Sorry. I must've scared you," he smiled apologetically.

"No shit, sherlock," I muttered.

Thankfully, he didn't seem to have heard that.

"I was wondering if you know where this is. I have been searching for this place since this afternoon. I think I'm lost," he handed me a crumpled paper that has an address on it.

There's this thing called GPS, dude.

I wanted to say that, but decided against it. Maybe he didn't have enough money to buy a phone for himself. Poor him.

I just happened to know the place, so I gave him directions how to get there.

"Thank you! Ah, finally!" He grinned widely. I wanted to ask why he didn't ask other people for directions earlier, but since it was not my business, I didn't.

I just gave him a small smile. I want to go home right now.

I glanced at the sky. It was pretty dark now. How much time did I waste to this shit? No, Kylie. Mom said that you should help people who needed our help no matter what.

I threw him an irritated look surreptitiously. If it wasn't for Mom's advice, I could've left him here, but who knows? Maybe he'll kill me when I refused to give him directions.

Yeah, I still think that he might be the serial killer.

"Thank you so much, Miss...." He trailed off. It took me a minute to realize that he was asking for my name.